Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Xtreme Pro 3.2 & Xtreme 3.2 Released!

Hi Neil,

I'm a little bit confused:

Quote Originally Posted by NeilH View Post
    You also say “named colors aren't automatically added to the color bar”. Can you explain that comment please? Named colors are no longer created implicitly by 3.2 as they were in older versions (they should never be), but when you create a named color explicitly it appears on the color bar, just as always.
    Perhaps I don't understand the difference between the old and the new functionality. Found also this text on your "What's new in Xara Xtreme" page:

"In older versions of Xara Xtreme, a new Named Color was created and added to the color line whenever you created a new color. This typically resulted in dozens of Named Colors appearing in the line, even though most of them weren't actually used. This no longer happens. When you create any color (e.g. click one of the Standard Palette colors) it just applies that as a local color to the object. You can of course edit this color using the Color Editor as always (Ctrl+E). Only if you select the 'New Named Color' icon in the color editor is a new Named Color created."

I'm not sure what you mean with "create a new color" together with that this color shows on the color bar? I mean, if I create a shape, select the color editor and choose a color for this shape, this new color is already handled as a local color to the object in Xara Xtreme Pro 3.0.2.781. Only when I choose to create a new "named color", the color bar shows the new named color. If I understand this right, you're saying, this behaviour is not changed. But then I don't understand, what's the difference between 3.0 and 3.2 with this?

Remi
    Last edited by remi; 14 June 2007 at 04:31 PM. Reason: spelling