Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default MOBILE VARIANT MENU NOT WORKING IN SAFARI

The menu in the mobile variant isn't working in Safari on iPhone or iPad. http://www.shutterqueen.com. This menu works flawlessly on my Android device.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Default Re: MOBILE VARIANT MENU NOT WORKING IN SAFARI

Yes, I have seen that happen with another website as well (using an iphone G4).

I discovered that if you keep your finger on one of the 'hamburger' links for a second or two, an iphone menu pops up asking what you want do (open, open in new page, copy etc.). Of course that's not a solution but it might help devs or other experts in pinpointing the cause of the problem.
    IP

I tried it on my iPad.

In portrait mode we have the hamburger menu which doesn't work.

While I appreciate that there is a problem with this menu that needs to be fixed, it's a poor design that turns an iPad in portrait mode into an iPhone stuck in the middle of the screen.

In Landscape mode we have the desktop menu, which works but doesn't work very well. It's hard to know if pressing the menu did anything because the actual page content is pushed down below the top gallery and there is no clear indication that the page changed.

I find the gallery at the top of every page to be nausea-inducing with the constant movement of the gallery and the ken-burns effect. Please do two things - move it from the top of every page - it kills the design and is super irritating and remove the ken-burns effect.

Paul
    IP

Try this Ed. It works fine on my iPad and quirky on my iPhone.

I agree with Paul re the sliding-in on every page. Just keep it to the index page, once only.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Try this Ed. It works fine on my iPad and quirky on my iPhone.

I agree with Paul re the sliding-in on every page. Just keep it to the index page, once only.
    This is still not working. I tried duplicating exactly what you did. Everything short of copying and pasting your menu into my document. The only other difference is that I'm using 12, and it looks like you're using something short of that.
    IP

I found that, if I move the menu off of the pop-up (menu) layer, to the MouseOff layer, it works. Why is the menu not working on a pop-up layer? I certainly can't leave it on the main layer. I also noticed that "press-hold-open in new tab" works.
    IP

Hi Ed, can we get this thread back on topic, it doesn't help wading through non-topic posts.

I don't know why your site doesn't work in Safari. The point is my version does, so I suggest you delete all the content of your 'menu' layers in the current version and try recreating the effect again. Also remove anything from the mouseOver layer in the mobile version as mouse overs aren't a function of mobiles.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

This Thread is closed.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    This Thread is closed.
    Acorn
    Thanks, acorn. If I'd seen this earlier, I'd have closed it myself.

Without naming names, what does it take for you members to stop with the acrid, unecessary, up-ramping negative posts?!

If you love this forum enough to come and post all the time, why don't you stop "littering" and expect the Mods to clean up after you?

We have eenough to work on with spambots and trolls without the "friendly fire", thanks.

Barbara B.
    Admin
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com
    IP