Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Info Re: CSS Manipulation of Nivo Slider Widget

Quote Originally Posted by toejam View Post
    I've got a thread seeking how to do rotating banner ads with the photo slider here: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...156#post521156

Acorn's modification is a nice start, got rid of the buttons below the photos. I'd still like to get rid of the text box totally. You can setup a weblink when someone clicks on the image, but, don't have the option to open the link in a new window/tab. Really like the concept and thought process of how to eliminate the darn slide # buttons/icons.
    Glad you found it useful.
    Everything you need it already there.
    To just have the the images showing;
    • In the widget proper, delete all text on the Caption Bar. I keep a space so I can add text back later; otherwise, you have to add a Name (WTag:text:caption) back to the new text.
    • remove the following Placeholders:
      • NivoSlider - Red text, Green text, Blue text
      • NivoSlider - WhiteBar
      • NivoSlider - Centred text
      • NivoSlider - Right text
    • You retain NivoSlider - no Navigation, no Control, no CaptionBar.

NivoSlider was not designed for adding hyperlinks.
    The only way I have at present is to retain the Caption Bar and text and wrap in in an HTML link tag: <a href="websiteURL" target="_blank"> Caption text</a>

I will have a think about it. At present what i might do is Name all the images and then use jQuery to wrap a link around each.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: CSS Manipulation of Nivo Slider Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Glad you found it useful.
    NivoSlider was not designed for adding hyperlinks.
    The only way I have at present is to retain the Caption Bar and text and wrap in in an HTML link tag: <a href="websiteURL" target="_blank"> Caption text</a>

I will have a think about it. At present what i might do is Name all the images and then use jQuery to wrap a link around each.

Acorn
    The plan is to insert and change ads in the banner as needed. The banner ad will be a photo that inserted in the slot where the photos would normally go. I've made a draft site here to give you an idea of what we're attempting to accomplish.

I'm not sure if I will use a different set of ads for each page or have the same set of ads rotating on all pages. Can make more $ if using different set of ads on each page, but, the overhead to maintain all the ads is a bit higher.

Being able to link each photo/ad to a different website in a new window/tab would be a great addition to the slider. If you name the images and an image changes how will that affect your plan to use a jQuery wrapper?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: CSS Manipulation of Nivo Slider Widget

Quote Originally Posted by toejam View Post
    Being able to link each photo/ad to a different website in a new window/tab would be a great addition to the slider. If you name the images and an image changes how will that affect your plan to use a jQuery wrapper?
    I have come up with a different approach (generic and flexible): http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ent-Slideshows.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat