Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to make a photo-gallery " mluti-page" in one web page?

Hey everyone, I have a question that seems simple but confused me for quite a long time.

If I want lots of pictures to be included inside a single gallery, I don't want the gallery becomes too long or single picture has to be small. Instead, I am hoping fix the gallery size and set every picture to same desired size, but have like "next page, previous page" things inside one page.

Here I give you an example, hope you understand what I mean..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	example.jpeg 
Views:	167 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	102372

See this gallery, it has lots of pictures in one web page, but you can see all by clicking "next page" button. so doing this, we do not need to build new pages to show new pictures.

thanks!

Default Re: How to make a photo-gallery " mluti-page" in one web page?

If it is going to turn into an all singing & dancing CMS then this approach will be too limited.

Create two websites:
    • The top site has a master Product page (the one page bit). It has an Embed a website widget the size of your 4 x 3 gallery that also includes the bottom navigation bar.
    • A child site with 44 (or more) smaller pages that each hold a 4 x 3 gallery and a specific navigation bar that reflect the gallery pages position. I would start with First - Previous - Next - Last. There are coding solutions to provide the Go to; the page position and count could be done in a variety of ways. Publish this site and check it navigates as you need.
    • Back in the Product page, you include the details for the Placeholder and publish and test.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

You could make the page deeper.

Or a simple approach is to use the Landscape gallery in the designs gallery which has this menu

Name:	screenshot.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	102393

This can be found in Page Elements and Widgets > Photo Slideshows and Widgets > Photo Slideshow and Galleries > Landscape Gallery.

Hi Acorn, thanks for reply. Your methods seems somehow overwhelming.. But I found "embed a website widget" and I think maybe I got your idea, pls see if what I understand is correct:

I built several pages, each hold a "small gallery" (no bottom navigation bar inside), publish them so each page has a URL. Then I use this embed website widget in "product" page, to summarize all of them, and this widget has navigation bar, right?

But the thing is I want this "small gallery" in a single page has a navigation bar (First - Previous - Next - Last)..

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    You could make the page deeper.
    Hi gwpriester, make the page deeper and each photo smaller is the first solution I had. but I want all photos have same dimension, and all pages have same size...

oh thanks so much! I got this gallery and I have to say, this one is most close to my dream! It has a navigation bar inside the gallery.

But the problem is... this gallery is CSS placeholder and seems functional limited. I cannot add a text bar to each photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Or a simple approach is to use the Landscape gallery in the designs gallery which has this menu

Name:	screenshot.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	102393

This can be found in Page Elements and Widgets > Photo Slideshows and Widgets > Photo Slideshow and Galleries > Landscape Gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by apollonian View Post
    Hi Acorn, thanks for reply. Your methods seems somehow overwhelming.. But I found "embed a website widget" and I think maybe I got your idea, pls see if what I understand is correct:

I built several pages, each hold a "small gallery" (no bottom navigation bar inside), publish them so each page has a URL. Then I use this embed website widget in "product" page, to summarize all of them, and this widget has navigation bar, right?

But the thing is I want this "small gallery" in a single page has a navigation bar (First - Previous - Next - Last)..

Publish both of these to the same folder:
    Holding page.xarcat.xar

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat