Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: web page in Iframe

Thank you Ken. Others may want to know which option to go for.
    Acorn

Your option3 can be seen up and working at: http://cradleyparishcouncil.org.uk
    Click the link to Hereford planning

Ken
    Last edited by mentorman; 21 January 2014 at 05:52 PM. Reason: wrong web address

Ken, well done.

Also, luck in getting the parish records on-line. I'm doing similar and it is worse than drawing teeth.
    I would recommend using Wordpress and allowing editorial rights to your Parish Clerk so s/he can publish whatever and whenever.
    I have done this and embedded it in a site page in an IFRAME and used some Google code to present its RSS feed on the home page.

Acorn

Acorn I know what you mean. Have found that the majority of PC clerks either don't want to do it themselves or require skills above their capabilities(no disrespect to PC clerks). I find it much easier if they just send me the info as and when and I take a few minutes once a month to update. It is getting the information that is the problem. Is there anywhere I can read up on your suggestions on wordpress intergration into Xara as you lost me after embed in an Iframe?
    We who are to be educated

Regards Ken

Quote Originally Posted by mentorman View Post
    Acorn I know what you mean. Have found that the majority of PC clerks either don't want to do it themselves or require skills above their capabilities(no disrespect to PC clerks). I find it much easier if they just send me the info as and when and I take a few minutes once a month to update. It is getting the information that is the problem. Is there anywhere I can read up on your suggestions on wordpress intergration into Xara as you lost me after embed in an Iframe?
    We who are to be educated

Regards Ken
    Ken, have you an ISP that offers you cpanel?
    If so, you can probably create a WP site in a sub-folder.
    Once you have such a site up and running, you can create a Xara web page with an IFRAME using the Embed a website Widget.
    You know know how to reduce its scaling.

My go is here: http://www.stourpaine.info/blog.htm.

Acorn

Thanks Acorn will check the cpanel thingy and give it a go.

Ken

I have an iframe working on my site thanks to the great support on this thread, but now I would like to reduce the size of the target page so it shows in miniature kind of like I see it on my mobile unit. Is this possible?

Quote Originally Posted by okrobie View Post
    I have an iframe working on my site thanks to the great support on this thread, but now I would like to reduce the size of the target page so it shows in miniature kind of like I see it on my mobile unit. Is this possible?
    If by target, you mean making the IFRAME even smaller, then you would change the scaling factor and box size of the IFRAME:
    <style type="text/css">#iframeEvents{zoom:0.25;-moz-transform:scale(0.25);-moz-transform-origin:0 0;-o-transform:scale(0.25);-o-transform-origin:0 0;-webkit-transform:scale(0.25);-webkit-transform-origin:0 0;}</style>
    and you need to add the ID into your IFRAME code (using the prior URL as a case study here):
    <iframe src="http://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/planning-and-building-control/development-control/search-and-comment-on-planning-applications/" width="128" height="96" id="iframeEvents" frameborder="0" scrolling="yes"></iframe>

If you want to make the supporting page small, you just make the page in Xara smaller (Utilities > Options... > Page Size > Custom).
    Xara pages are WYSIWYG and so do not alter for mobile presentation.

Too small and you would be better taking a snapshot image and linking that to a new page; you could make it have a rollover effect to add a dynamic element.

Acorn

Thanks Acorn for your response. Your suggestion of doing a snap shot for the pages in question is a good option. When I say I want to shrink the "target" page, I meant the http://that is contained in the iframe, but it sounds as if that is not possible. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by okrobie View Post
    Thanks Acorn for your response. Your suggestion of doing a snap shot for the pages in question is a good option. When I say I want to shrink the "target" page, I meant the http://that is contained in the iframe, but it sounds as if that is not possible. Thanks again.
    That was the point of my Post#18: the zoom shrinks the target down (or up) to whatever scaling you need.

Acorn