Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Object stretch with edited text

How does one set an object to stretch or shrink with text as it is edited. An example of what I'm talking about is in the "HELIOS" web theme from "WEB PACK 1". I've also attached a .web file containing the object in action (open it and change the text and see what I mean). I will include a .jpg as well. If you edit the text "HELIOS" the box behind it expands to accommodate the new text.
    Name:  helios.JPG
Views: 184
Size:  16.4 KB
    object stretch to text.web

The site in question: http://www.aartvarkgrafix.com/fels-law2/
    Last edited by Aartvark; 11 November 2012 at 10:55 PM.

Default Re: Object stretch with edited text

Are you asking how to stop the automatic stretching when editing the text?

If so, you can disable this feature for the object by opening the Name Gallery (Utilities/Galleries/Name Gallery) and selecting "Stretches" from the drop-down box on top. Now you will see the named objects that have automatic stretching enabled indicated by a ticked check box to the right. When you uncheck the box the feature is disabled. When you click the triangle to the right of the check box you get a dialog that allows you to set the various stretching controls.

If this is not really clear, take a look in the Help file and type "Stretches" in the search box under the "Index" tab.
    Last edited by Boy; 12 November 2012 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Added some clarifications

I realize that this is a work in progress, but the photos of the Washington area distract from your client and would be better if they showed photos of the practice offices.

The template works well for a law firm and has an elegant and professional look.

I'm not sure exactly how you got that I wanted to make an object STOP stretching, but no, I want to know how to make objects do this.

Incidentally, there is no "Name Gallery" within the "Utilities/Galleries" menu. (see embedded photo)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	utilities_menu.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	93000

Also...my client specifically requested pictures of the local area. This response doesn't really fit within the scope of my question, but thanks for the unsolicited critique I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Aartvark View Post
    Incidentally, there is no "Name Gallery" within the "Utilities/Galleries" menu. (see embedded photo)
    Ah, I forgot to check your profile first to find out which version of the software you are using. I am using DPX and it has the Name Gallery; I believe your version doesn't, so, as far as I know, you cannot make objects stretch.