Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Need advice for photo. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    James what is popular is very subjective in many instances, and often depends upon the age or experience of the person. Currently what is called "Reality TV" is popular. For me it is about like watching children quarrel. Neither entertaining or pleasant to view.
    Good points Bill. I hate ‘Reality TV’ too, and I’m sure the majority of Earth’s 6.9 billion people agree with you and me about that. You can always find groups within the population who like vulgar stuff, but good art is something the majority know and respect. Walk a billion randomly selected people by Michelangelo’s Pieta and listen to constant praise. Do the same with a bad quality drawing and listen to the constant criticism. One is worth millions while the other wouldn’t sell for a dollar, because good art is popular. There are exceptions of course, but I’m talking about ‘most’ situations.
    Visiting/participating in TalkGraphics since i/us (’97).
    IP

This thread is for photography or not made in xara website or for TV show preference? I'm not sure now. Anyway I see Auntlello1 heavy feathered photo in the post1 and think 'oh no amateur look out!' Professional photos don't have feathering like this. I would suggest photo with fine line frame to look better than this feathering in my opinion.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by xufa View Post
    I see Auntlello1 heavy feathered photo in the post1 and think 'oh no amateur look out!' Professional photos don't have feathering like this. I would suggest photo with fine line frame to look better than this feathering in my opinion.
    Hi xufa,

Feathering (or fading) has been used since charcoal drawings on caves. Da Vinci used it too (see sfumato), and I've no doubt it will resist fashion and style to continue on down through the millennia. I have no problem with feathered photos, but you can always report this to 'Dear Xara' as something they should ban.
    IP

I don't understand you James Allen, you make fun of my opinion why? Why should I report this to Dear Xara when Auntlello1 ask for some advice for his photo edit in Corel software which I give him, I don't wish my opinion to be laughed at by a moderator. Bye.
    IP

I don't understand you James Allen, you make fun of my opinion why? Why should I report this to Dear Xara when Auntlello1 ask for some advice for his photo edit in Corel software which I give him, I don't wish my opinion to be laughed at by a moderator. Bye.
    No biggie, xufa. You called Auntlello1 an amateur for using feathering. I was defending both her (a member) and Xara (who provide feathering). Sorry if I wasn't clearer.
    IP

Professional photos don't have feathering like this
    well now - that's going to depend on what they are for is it not [this said by someone who uses a lot but rarely if ever takes any]

xufa - I think there may be a language difference here - james is not making fun, any more than you intended the 'amateur' remark to be a put down, its all just opinion....

and this does not seem like a gallery thread to me... but it could maybe fall under the general heading of photographic advice?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by James Allen View Post
    I was defending both her (a member) and Xara (who provide feathering).
    Are you lawyer for Auntlello1 and xara? Remark was opinion for photo to make it better and feathering provided by Corel if post1 correct. bye
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    What looks good is always subjective.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Allen View Post
    This depends entirely on the rest of your page.
    to make it better
    no-one is arguing with your opinion xufa - 'defending' has many shades of meaning in english, including simply taking a different point of view....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

No offense here! I am, as you all guessed, an amateur. I do appreciate all the comments, as I can learn from them all and practice at getting better. I think I will really enjoy this whole site as I look for a camera that can produce the pictures that we want, and find the software to do what we want as I am finding there are a lot of choices. Even DaVinci started out as an amateur at some point, and I am sure there were some comments made, but eveyone can have their own opinion and it doesn't matter what it is. So, thank you all for your comments, as I learn from them all
    IP