Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Colour fill frustration!

one way to delete point[s]:

make sure your line/shape is selected - click on shape editor tool, marque select [drag box round] the node[s], right click and on the popup menu you should find 'delete points' [aka nodes in this context]

in designer joining lines [usually] means combining them as one 'line' - simply overlaying them does not do that

there are two commands 'Join Shapes' and 'Combine Shapes > Add Shapes' which work slightly differently so you can experiment - but you need to 'convert line to shape' first [arrange menu] so your result will be a shape [in the shape of a line - you get used to it ]

or you can use the shape editor tool [or other drawing tool] to carry the lines on as indicated above...
    Last edited by handrawn; 24 December 2010 at 09:02 AM. Reason: add convert line to shape
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: Colour fill frustration!

Hey again handrawn! That marque select detail above... very helpful! i think that may be one of the small elusive details im missing! I like this program but its so god-darn complex!

Default Need experienced Xara user to help me join these lines.

I'm sorry to spam the forum somewhat, but I would just like to ask if somebody would mind so much to join the lines in the empty shape so that i can fill them, please. I've done all I can but this is way beyond my experience now, and I'm aware or the Xara skills that are floating around this forum.

Thanks so much for being such a helpful community!Air-O-Smith Fully Crossed.xar

Default Re: Need experienced Xara user to help me join these lines.

Hi Ungarmax,
    This is the second time with the same file and the same problem, if you donīt follow the instructions from another members to you, and we do this every time for you, then you can not learn how to do it yourself. Sorry for saying that.
    Here is your xar file back to you again all objects closed now, i adjust the angles at the squared shapes too.
    Best Regards BP
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Im in love with Xara X / BP
    Friends, I apologize for my broken English
    My TG Albums: http://www.talkgraphics.com/album.php?u=20432

Quote Originally Posted by Black Panther View Post
    Sorry for saying that.
    Why sorry, it's true I saw ungarmax have your help in his other thread for same logo. Why new thread for same logo? [moderator note: threads merged]
    Last edited by handrawn; 25 December 2010 at 05:55 AM.

Hi Xufa,
    Thanks.....
    I have no answer about why Ungermax have to create a new thread, wonder. but i told him too itīs realy not a help for him when we do that every time especially when the problem is the same of the first thread. at the same time i donīt want to be Rude to him, so i said sorry too. thats all
    Best Regards BP

Yeah I know I apologize for this but I tried for like 8 hours to do it but I just dont get it. Sorry. Thanks tons for doing that Black panther, you are the MAN!
    How long did it take you? I could only do so much before my sanity began to deteriorate!

Thanks again man I really can't thank you enough!

You are welcome Ungermax,
    We all want that you learn how to do everything in Xara allon, ofcourse you can ask, but you must learn too from the answers of everybody here, who replied to your question, the modifing of your xar file took me about 20 minutes, donīt forget adjusting of the angles of the sqared shapes.
    I will take the long Ribbon part of your drawing and write a simple Tut. for you again, to learn how you join these lines to make a filled shapes.
    Best Regards BP

Quote Originally Posted by xufa View Post
    Why sorry, it's true I saw ungarmax have your help in his other thread for same logo. Why new thread for same logo?
    Agreed. Ungarmax wants everyone else to do his work for him. He had all the answers, but couldn't be bothered learning.
    Visiting/participating in TalkGraphics since i/us (’97).

threads merged
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...