I hope you might give this a bit more time. It's really an interesting problem. Besides, I'm using xara now. I still have about the same problem. As you suggested above, I put the xara demo website into its own folder under root on the host. (Firefox has a feature for changing screen text size by using ctrl- or ctrl+.) When I ctrl- or ctrl+ a bunch of times, the text changes size disproportionately with the graphics change in size, resulting in text bleeding over above or below a graphics element. Originally I figured this was due to the chosen font, but after changing everything to arial, the problem remained. Then I ported over to xara, and the problem still remains, even when viewing the xara demo, unchanged.
'Commercial' websites do not exhibit this behavior.
Using IE-6, changing text size is thru the menu view-text size-smaller or bigger, but the xara demo site doesnt respond to this. Other websites do respond and change their text size properly. My old site responds to IE, but things get screwed up because not all the text nor the graphics size the same!

So I guess I'll phrase my questions like this: 1) why doesn't the xara demo site change text size in IE6? and 2) why do the text and graphics elements in the xara demo respond disproportionately to size-changes in firefox?

I guess there's a number 3 as well... when you begin a webpage with a new blank page, there are 3 main resolutions to select from, cga, vga and xga. Each has a particular size of 'paper' to 'draw' on. The demo is vga. My original site was xga. When I started fresh with xara, I chose xga so I could fit all my stuff on the page. But how does a person decide which format is correct?
Hope you are able to help me here. I'm nearly bald from pulling my hair out!
tom