Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Photo Gallery / slideshow with many photos

I've tried to search for references but maybe it's too simple and thus obvious but help please.

Using WD6, I'm just trying to create a slideshow that displays more photos than fit on a single page. I thought I could use multiple layers and have each one visible with the click of a navigation arrow or something like that but just trying to test the basic concept first.
    Actually, if you can direct me to the "proper" way to do this that would be great. Say, 100 photos with x number on each page so someone can navigate from page to page but when a slideshow starts, it would go through all the photos.

So, I tried to add a layer but when I drag a photo gallery onto the layer, it keeps appearing over top the original gallery on a different layer, even if it is hidden. I'm not sure if a slideshow would pick all the photos from all layers anyway but I thought I would start this way to see if it did but I can't even get another photo gallery in the same page on a different layer.

Anyway, please help if you can.

Thanks, Andre

Default Re: Photo Gallery / slideshow with many photos

When you drag and drop a photograph onto the layer, does it replace the image on several layers? If so it could be that you need to hold down the CTRL key whilst placing the photograph onto the layer.
    Last edited by Highfield; 28 March 2010 at 03:43 PM.

Default Re: Photo Gallery / slideshow with many photos

Quote Originally Posted by Highfield View Post
    When you drag and drop a photograph onto the layer, does it replace the image on several layers? If so it could be that you need to hold down the CTRL key whilst placing the photograph onto the layer.
    Yes, that was part of it. Guess I should read the pop ups more closely. That helps a little. I thought I could just duplicate the layer with the gallery in it and then replace the photos, which I can do now if I use the CTRL key. The view is strange though in that the second layer photos appear when previewing the site and when in a slide show, the order is layer 1 - photo 1, layer 2 - photo 1, layer 1 - photo 2, layer 2 - photo 2 and so forth, instead of all photos on layer 1 then all on layer 2.

Is there a better way to do this so I can have x number of thumbnails visible at any one time, with navigation between "pages" of thumbnails and a slideshow that picks up all the images in order?

Maybe I could use buttons and multiple pages with galleries on them but then I don't know how to get a slideshow that was started on page 1 to include all photos from all pages or certain pages.

I could try to navigate betwen layers but I don't see properties that allow me to show and hide layers with a button click, like pages.

Thanks, Andre