Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default how do i draw non straight curved lines using 1 or 2 point perspective?

i already understand the basics of one and two point perspective but what i don't understand is what is the method used when say, you use two point perspective and say you want to draw the shell of a curved concept car or any parts that does not use straight lines. like if i wanted to draw a corvette in perspective, it would be hard because the corvette uses a lot of curves. so how is this done? i have an idea that when doing curves in perspective, you draw a curves that matches roughly the same way a straight line would be drawn. how ever, unlike the instant works straight lines in one and two point perspective, doing it with curves seems just not possible. so what am i not getting? thanx

Default Re: how do i draw non straight curved lines using 1 or 2 point perspective?

Which software are you planning to use (if any) ?

Default Re: how do i draw non straight curved lines using 1 or 2 point perspective?

i use xara extreme?

Thanks - moved to > Talk Graphics > Xtreme and Xtreme Pro >
    Please take care where you post new threads - it helps the right people get to your question and helps for future searches.

Info Re: how do i draw non straight curved lines using 1 or 2 point perspective?

Welcome to TalkGraphics, Stealth.

No matter what your perspective, if you wander around the FREE DRAWING LESSONS web site it's bound to improve. There was an outdoor scene of some buildings with a few curved walls I was trying to find for you but can't remember what category it was under. I'll keep looking. In the mean time, there are more than a few perspective drawings and instructional videos for you to check out. I'm sure you can learn something from a few of them.

Care to share what you're working on?

I hope that link helps,
    Harry

lol not yet. ive done a good several cartoons but nothing finished still learning. i like to do cartooning. so im trying to learn perspective for drawing my cartoons. i first bought xara from seeing bob hahns work and since seeing those funny one panel gags inspired me to learn cartooning. i know theres a book called 'perspective made easy' ivew heard it a very good book. maybe ill buy it. just bought bruce blitz big book of cartooning.

Most people still work in boxes when it comes to curves and then have a guesstimate about the curves when you get into 2pt perspective as it is fairly straight forward in 1pt. If you google Illustrator and 2 pt perspective you will come up with a great resource using the computer to do this and it shows it for cars as well. The only way to get accurate 2pt perspective is to do it in "measured perspective" or use a CAD programme which is the best solution.
    Design is thinking made visual.

im googling'Illustrator and 2 pt perspective' but how about some direct links