Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Persian / Arabic Text

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    That's because they use Windows text rendering engine. Xtreme uses it's own proprietary engine for rendering text.
    Comparing to Microsoft Windows, Xara products sell in very small numbers. Xara is a small company too. As the result, Microsoft can afford adding support for everything in the world. While we don't. Products that use Windows engine inherit this capability, but they also inherit all its disadvantages and flaws.

Every company started small just like Corel and Adobe did, BUT they grow-up with time and developed more and more features. Will Xara continue to be small company for life???!! Come on . Xara was founded in 1981,that is almost 30 years old Xara is even older than Adobe (founded 1982) and older than Corel (founded 1985). Corel and Adobe took the risk, and spent money to add Arabic support to their products plus other features, and that is why they are the top graphics companies in the world today, unlike Xara!!! If Xara do not have the knowledge to support Arabic in their products, or if it is too expensive for Xara, then they should outsource just like Adobe did with Photoshop and AI, with a company called Winsoft to add Arabic support for them.

Xara should start spending some money to develop support to Arabic and other languages, otherwise Xara will always be small company, not a leader company ...
    Last edited by aboammar; 06 February 2010 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aboammar View Post
    Will Xara continue to be small company for life???!!
    I don't know. Do you?
    Corel and Adobe took the risk, and spent money to add Arabic support to their products, and that is why they are the top graphics companies in the world today
    Ah so it's that simple!!! Implement Arabic support and you are a top company! How could we miss this?
    Xara should start spending some money to develop support to Arabic and languages, otherwise Xara will always be small a small company, not a leader company ...
    You have probably started a couple of leader companies having such a wisdom. Could you please name them? Thank you.
    John.

AboAmmar,

This is a forum for helping users that have questions and don't know how to solve them so they ask for help. It's obvious from the tone of your 'voice' that you're just spoiling for a fight but you are in the wrong place for that. You've been given a suggestion on how to work around your issue. Be satisfied with that from this forum as the members here are not employed by Xara so therefore have no official say in what is or isn't included in the package.

Why don't you raise your concerns with Xara itself and see what their response is? At least you would have an ear of the people that could address your concerns ....or NOT as they choose....not if you attack them like you are attacking the good members of this forum.

I personally think your remarks are offensive and arrogant. The members here always try to help but you won't get much help speaking this way.

You have options....Xara is an awesome program, you can use it, learn it, work around what you can't solve because of it's limitations or you could just use something else.....and complain about it...because I'm sure that's what you'd do.

Have a good day anyway,
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

Info Re: Persian / Arabic Text

Please ignore ranting posts. It serves no purpose to be baited.

Quote Originally Posted by Karateed View Post
    AboAmmar,

This is a forum for helping users that have questions and don't know how to solve them so they ask for help. It's obvious from the tone of your 'voice' that you're just spoiling for a fight but you are in the wrong place for that. You've been given a suggestion on how to work around your issue. Be satisfied with that from this forum as the members here are not employed by Xara so therefore have no official say in what is or isn't included in the package.

Why don't you raise your concerns with Xara itself and see what their response is? At least you would have an ear of the people that could address your concerns ....or NOT as they choose....not if you attack them like you are attacking the good members of this forum.

I personally think your remarks are offensive and arrogant. The members here always try to help but you won't get much help speaking this way.

You have options....Xara is an awesome program, you can use it, learn it, work around what you can't solve because of it's limitations or you could just use something else.....and complain about it...because I'm sure that's what you'd do.

Have a good day anyway,

Thanks Karateed for your logical explanation, unlike covoxer comments who was arrogant and like to makes fun of my remarks!!

covoxer was speaking like if he represent Xara, so I wanted to re-raise the problem of not supporting Arabic after 15 years because I never got a clear answer about this from Xara!

I am not looking for a fight as you may think, and I never meant to be offensive ... I just wanted to motivate Xara because I care about it and I like its software, and would love Xara to be a leader company like Adobe someday, not a small company as covoxer said. But, I found hat covoxer remarks about my comments were offensive and arrogant and full of sarcasm which might reflected about my remarks as well!!

Also, I did not understand the suggestion of the work around!!.

Finally, I am sorry if I bothered any one here ...

Kind regards,
    Last edited by aboammar; 07 February 2010 at 11:29 AM.

covoxer was speaking like if he represent Xara, so I wanted to re-raise the problem of not supporting Arabic after 15 years because I never got a clear answer about this from Xara!
    Yes, Covoxer is a Xara developer and is responsible for the WYSIWYG html output filter.

Requests for features or bug reports may be posted in the Dear Xara forum, or if web related in the Dear Xara Web Designer forum.
    Before posting please read the Forum sticky.

Hi AboAmmar,

No offence taken then, I have obviously misrepresented your statements. This is a great forum, I've been helped here many times. The workaround may not have been detailed enough.

Perhaps someone can be more detailed with that to help this fellow out.

Do as suggested with both Xara and the Dear Xara forum section. You may get more results that way.

My experience with small companies has been much better software wise than with large companies. Though you may get more support features, the larger companies tend to not be as caring towards individual needs. Small software companies have to be caring towards individual needs in order to survive.

This s/w is very good, extremely fast and capable of doing most of what large s/w packages can for a fraction of the cost.

Anyway, have a good day and good luck in your search for a solution.
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

You might try copying your text from your Arabic capable word processing program, then pasting into a text box created with the text tool in Xtreme.

- Andy

Question Re: Persian / Arabic Text

I don't think that the 'workarounds' mentioned in this thread are possible, unless someone knows any different.

Anas
    True love is the ultimate truth

They only should support the world's most famous and important languages, and sure Arabic is one of those languages with over 530 million Arabic speakers world wide.
    530 million people of the world's population speak Arabic but they are just part of the 1,570 million that read the language.

I myself do not speak any Semitic languages although I am amongst those who read Arabic daily and would support the implementation of 'right-to-left' texts.

Such support would also benefit Persian, Hebrew and Urdu etc.
    We are not talking about 'small potatoes' here.

Anas
    True love is the ultimate truth