Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bummed out

Default Re: Bummed out

Rick,

Flash is displayed at whatever size the poster sets in the bbcode which displays it (usually, but not always, the size the flash was originally created).
    Please see the section on embedding FLASH in the BBCODE help pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Zupdude View Post
    I imagine this might be helpful for those with dial-up connections. Yes?
    Who are you Marty McFly trapped in 1950's because your got in a Delorian in 1988 and went 88mph?

It's 2009 ... I mean really f**k the people withput broadband. Make it better for the minoroty?

Inovation from Xara Ltd again - with the emphasis on the latter part there folks.

Bandwidth is still an issue in many parts of the world... AND for people that use phones and other apps to follow a website. And in schools, where everyone shares they same pipe. It's not necessarily "dial-up"... often it's an issue with crappy service providers period or other technical and financial limitations.

You sell something (as Xara does) - you should make it possible for as many as possible to visit the site.

How quickly people forget... There was a time (not too many years ago now) where 50 meg threads where common place around here. People were frustrated to get to the posts they actually wanted to view and read. I see this as a natural and logical progression.

Risto

Quote Originally Posted by JokeArtist View Post
    It's 2009 ... I mean really f**k the people withput broadband. Make it better for the minoroty?
    LOL... I know what you're saying, but not everyone has access to broadband, and there are those who can't afford it. If that statement applies to a significant minority, then then you're probably right: why inconvenience 2000 for the sake of 3?

I wonder if this was prompted by suggestions/complaints or if somebody just "came up with a good idea".
    What's the difference between an Orange? A motorcycle, because a telephone pole doesn't have any doors!

I like the thumbnails! It speeds up the browsing of posts and images, in heavy threads in particular. Seeing the thumbnails in a thread... I would click James' vector portraits = worth looking at (for me (MY choice...)) and not waste bandwidth and time on images, like the ones posted here by Mike and Hans. The images posted in THIS THREAD is great example of WHY thumbnails are the right way to go.

People get to choose where they spend their time, bandwidth and money. Sounds sensible to me.

Risto

Quote Originally Posted by Risto View Post
    ... people that use phones and other apps to follow a website ...
    Just out of interest, can the Lightbox effect used on TG be accessed on a phone?
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

No idea John. But it sure as heck beats downloading megs of unrelated (to you) images to read the latest post by covoxer, answering your questions.

Risto

Note, these posts are now off topic for the Xara Art Gallery forum.

Please use the Feedback forum for comments about TalkGraphics.

Thanks

Closed, whats up with that?
    Last edited by Mike Bailey; 07 August 2009 at 05:01 PM.

Some TG stats about who's kidding who.

http://www.talkgraphics.com/attachme...6&d=1249664322
    Last edited by Mike Bailey; 07 August 2009 at 05:00 PM.