Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: "Closing" a popup layer

Hi Sledger and Curtis,
    I want to thank you guys again for your help.

I was going to go to sleep, but here's what I just found...

• I took Sledger's example (the gallery) and opened it - ran it, and of course it worked.
    • Checked the code and thought "what the heck - this is EXACTLY what I did - so why doesn't mine work?"
    • Then I noticed you talking about hiding the script object, like that was important. On my original example I just dragged the script object off the side of the page so you can't see it. So I thought "I wonder what happens if I drag Sledger's script object off the side of the page?". And guess what - now Slegder's example gnerates the same error as mine!

Holy broken bones Batman - can it be THAT SIMPLE??? You need to keep the script object within the boundaries of the page or it doesn't work?

And yes indeed friends, it is. I took my example, dragged the script onto the page and it worked first time. I had the gosh darned code right all along.

Thank you both for the time you put in. Much appreciated. but please somebody tell me that this was in the instructions somewhere and I missed it!!!

I swear on Thorgar's Hammer that I will create a simple video tutorial so that some other poor buffoon doesn't have to go through that one

Cheers,
    Geoff

Geoff, ALL tweaks and scripts MUST be inside the page area to be included between the <body tags in the output HTML .

Only placeholders with scripts that go in the <head area can be placed OFF the page, but they must have the name <head> applied to them.

I though everyone knew this (just kidding )

Quote Originally Posted by sledger
    Curtis, in future - please wait the 7 minutes it took you to post again (where you'd sussed it out) because after your first post asking for 'external perspective' someone ( ) might have been spending a lot of time preparing an answer
    With all due respect, Steve ... I posted, then Geoff (spudmachine) responded (just two minutes later, suggesting perhaps that he was anxious for a solution). Considering further, a recollection came to mind that just might contribute to the resolution of his problem. So, logically, I posted. I expect that's not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger
    ALL tweaks and scripts MUST be inside the page area to be included between the <body tags in the output HTML .
    Only placeholders with scripts that go in the <head[>] area can be placed OFF the page, but they must have the name <head> applied to them.
    That's it. That is the solution to Geoff's (and my) problem.
    Might this rule be mentioned in any reasonably predominate location?
    If not, it might be worth an edit to the Tweaks documentation.

Thanks.

Hey it's all good Curtis - was very much a tongue-in-cheek comment/post (see the emot back there?)
    Just one of those funny things that happen in forums.

LOL
    Hey, it's just four minutes since my last post in this thread ... but I thought I might touch base and suggest that that "it's all good", bro.