Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Enable / disable PM - Howto?

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    Not quite .... It logs you in automatically when you enter the site.
    ... well it doesn't on my machine - when I start to type in my username, it will autocomplete, and fill in the password, but I still have to login. Then, during the evening, I will come back to TG and find that I've been logged out.

And is there a reason for the members' list being secret?

If a user is inactive for 900 seconds (15 minutes), their forum session will expire.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    If a user is inactive for 900 seconds (15 minutes), their forum session will expire.
    ... as it says by the logo above ?!

but it's not my forum, and it's none of my business, and you guys do a really great job helpng mere mortals achieve what they want using Xara software - for which I profer my bountious thanks :)

vB forums are easily customized by their owners. Passwords can be set or handled differently by different forums. You may want to look into a password manager. Personally, I use one built into Opera. Using the password manager allows me to clean out my cookies and cache files with no fear of losing my passwords.

...just my 2 cents!

Quote Originally Posted by cristofa View Post
    ... well it doesn't on my machine - when I start to type in my username, it will autocomplete, and fill in the password, but I still have to login. Then, during the evening, I will come back to TG and find that I've been logged out.

And is there a reason for the members' list being secret?
    Many people have the problem that they have to login every time despite checking the remember me box. If you google for it, I bet you'll find loads of information on what might be causing it. There's no single cause for this. It may depend on your IE settings, on which browser you use, on other (anti-malware) software...

The members list has been a secret since before we moved to vB. Maybe it's to prevent spamming via PM. The mods can see all the boards on this forum, but they can't see the PM traffic and therefore can't intervene.