Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Repel text Under ... across multiple popup layers

So, you're talking about doing something similar to your posted frameset.web file, here?

Have a look at this one Curtis.

This uses popup layers which are iframes that load other pages which have repelling objects.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for the example, Steve. I now see exactly how it's done.

This was interesting! An additional question;

How can I use a "Page 1" that is longer than the iframe window it shall be displayed in?
    I mean, how do I get the pop-up window with scrolling bars?

Best regards,
    amateur.

<iframe src=1.htm width=100% height=100% scrolling=no frameborder=0></iframe>

change to

<iframe src=1.htm width=100% height=100% scrolling=auto frameborder=0></iframe>

Thank you very very much, Steve!

amateur.

Here's the same example but with both pages extended then width reduced (to allow for scroll bar width without forcing a hoz'scroll bar).
    Attached Files Attached Files

Smile Re: Repel text Under ... across multiple popup layers

Thanks again, Steve. The page shrinking to accommodate the vertical scrollbar part to avoid the horizontal one, I already figured out myself. Not bad, eh?

Anyway, I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you, sledger, covoxer and all you others who helps us out in this forum.
    Especially covoxer sometimes "teasing" replies makes me think about things, and this is beneficial for my learning process, mind stimulating. I get great satisfaction out of this.

Best regards,
    amateur.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Here's the same example but with both pages extended then width reduced (to allow for scroll bar width without forcing a hoz'scroll bar).
    Yes - a good example 'Popup-Iframe.web' but as yet this doesn't help me with the problem I raised in a similar thread over a month ago: 'repel across Layers in XWD'. I solved my problem by converting the pop-ups to png or jpg's but had to retain a backup of each pop-up not converted obviously for editing if necessary to update later then reconvert to a graphic as before.

I have numerous text panel pop-ups each with a picture but on a website page which starts with just text and pictures in the theme of the site. The basic page has some pics and general words about a staff team and the pop-ups are actually for each staff-profile with picture but on a page with no basic panel to start with like your example.

Having seen your example maybe I could adapt it to suit but I'm not so sure it will work the way I want it. I'll have a 'play' when time permits though because this is an important issue to solve for certain situations and there have been some interesting suggestions both here and on the other thread.

I would upload part of the site as a .web file but it would be huge so here is an example page from one of the websites:

http://www.zen165704.zen.co.uk/heswall_team.htm

Hope this all makes some sense as it's very diffcicult to explain what the problem is to someone who hasn't come across it and they probably wonder what all the fuss is about?

Repelled text in multiple popup layers might not work, but repelled text in multiple popup pages loaded in an iframe is visually the same is it not?
    As this method succeeds where the former doesn't - it must be a good thing right?