Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: email forms

Default email forms

I'm used to using Serif Webplus, where they offer you a free inbuilt form creator. I don't think Xara offers this facility, worse luck.

What is the best one to use with WD and how do you go about inserting it?

Default Re: email forms

This is a frequently asked question.

Please do a search with the search function of this forum and the search words "email forms".

Thank you
    Remi

oooo looking back over the posts this one seems to get Xaras back up as much as the SEO questions!

I downloaded Coffee cup and its a load of crap to be honest. The free forms in Serif were much easier to use.

I'm honestly curious ... why might you call Coffee Cup's form generator "a load of crap"? I've not evaluated it myself, but would be interested in your opinion. Thanks.

But not in the Xara Web Designer forum please..

There is of course a wonderful alternative (IMO): Google Docs. You can generate a Google Form in the browser, no skills required, and just paste the code as a snippet. It's an i-frame (you can set the width and height) and everything's handled by Google. Oh, and it's free.

The downsides? It ain't pretty. The Ugly Betty of forms, but it works. And of course function over forms is more important. (Apologies for the pun; couldn't resist.)

Ok its not that crap, I saw this vid which explained it all. I was just getting frustrated earlier with the lack of an inbuilt one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCB3J5P5z5w

The YT Video looked pretty cool to me.
    A drag'n'drop WYSIWYG flash based form builder would be a great addition to Web Designer.

Ok, now I'm getting 'SWFobject is undefined' when I try and preview the form in WD? I put in a placeholder where a rectangle was and pasted the script in?

I'm honestly curious ... why might you call Coffee Cup's form generator "a load of crap"? I've not evaluated it myself, but would be interested in your opinion. Thanks.

But first, the forms it makes are high quality and fully configurable to match any site.
    I created my form, pasted the script into a XWD placeholder and it matched my site perfectly. (Note# the six form files need to be saved to the root directory of your website.)

Next I uploaded it to the web and it still looked good.

But when I tried to submit the form I was unable to receive the data to my email.
    After much searching I eventually tracked down the problem to my ISP server.
    CoffeeCup Form Maker needs the PSP settings on the server to have the 'sendmail' feature activated.

http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articl...-not-received/

When I contacted my ISP Support Desk, I was told that they do not have this setting activated on their server and have no plans to do so.

So my hopes for CoffeeCup Form Maker stopped there.

Currently I am looking at Wufoo forms - they are hosted on the http://wufoo.com/ server. They look very promising and have a free, but limited, service, otherwise the paid service is very reasonable.

Hope this helps.

Ray