Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Text Justification

I would like to have the possibility to use "justify" as an option to left, right and centered text. How do I do that?

/Olle in Sweden
    Olle Dahlquist
    Web and Graphics Designer
    Boden, Sweden
    olle@feelit.se

Default Re: Text orientation

When creating the text (text tool > click+drag) simply pick the desired justification on the InfoBar. Full justification (left+right) is apparently a universal problem with browsers.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Default Re: Text Justification

Hi Olle -- I edited your thread title from "orientation" to "justification" that relates better to what you are asking.

With regards to having fully justified text I suppose if you just need it for relatively small amounts of text you could create it in Xtreme (or other tool) and export it as an image you could use in Xara-WD. Of course it wouldn't be a practical suggestion if you want to do lots of it.

Regards, Ross

I too would like to be able to have full justification as opposed to just left centre and right.

I wasn't aware of an issue with browsers for this. I have used full justification with Namo WebEditor and didn't have any problems.

Is there no way of doing it with XWD? The option is available in Xtreme. To have to keep going back and forward from one application to another is a bit clumsy, and impossible if you don't ghave Xtreme.

There is no problem with browsers rendering justified text. The problem is that it is hard to make WYSIWYG implementation of this type of alignment, since it is inconsistent with different browsers, fonts and text rendering engines used.
    We are working on this issue and hope we'll find a way to implement it it future versions.
    John.

The simplest way, if you have Extreme, is to open both apps, create your text in Extreme, justify it, and then copy and paste directly into WD (and then you'll also be able to copy attributes directly from within WD to other text objects should you wish). Xara has simply disabled the justify button in WD, which I think is a mistake — it should, at least, have been an option.

As for browser incompatibility, this is over-played, and you'll find that it works pretty much OK.

Also, if You have MS Word you can justify the text in there and then cut and paste to WD.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I think there's a lot more involved than just pasting in fully justified text, or Xara would have added that in without a problem.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

But it does seem to work.

Maybe on your system, on your favourite browser, But how many people see your page exactly how you intended it to be seen?
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.