Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
I do not see where Xara advertised the program as being a replacement for HTML editors or code formatter or anything other than a graphics design tool for web pages.

For what is advertised the program does the work very well.

Are you lobbying to have Xara change the purpose for the program?

Do you want it to replace any other tools you already use?

I'm just curious as to why so much effort and posting is being put forth.
The purpose of XWD as you state is to create web pages - web pages are HTML!

XWD is ploughing its own furrow. In doing so it is abandoning the standard vocabulary of HTML tags.

Whether people like it or not, structure is important. How many times have you decided to create a random converstation, novel or web page?

When you build a website there may be a legal requirement for it to conform to disability accessibilty standards. I am not sure that XWD does meet standards and I don't know what testing regime they went through. I have given links to various related texts.

As for the tools I use. I have used Dreamweaver and NOF but do most of my pages in Notetab and have recently bought Expression Web 2. Usually I try to use CSS menus, structured html and external css (usually I fail).

I had hoped that XWD would be the web equivalent of XP4 (my absolute all-time favourite program). Maybe there will be a version that offers greater control for standards - a pro version that stops you from being creative but keeps you compliant!

Ron