Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Forms and interactive Elements in WD ?

Regarding forms and interactivity, Coffeecup software produce a range of interactive modules for video, audio, etc and their Website Form Builder (http://www.coffeecup.com/form-builder/) is excellent, is highly configurable and will write to a text file as well as submit to multiple email addresses. There are online form generators but the CC WFB isn't limited in any way and includes CAPTCHA which some providers only include as a paid monthly add-on.I've used it with the web export from Xara Xtreme Pro 4 in a place holder without any issues and give it a ride with XWD as soon as I get hold of a copy.
    "Second class fairway is better than first class rough!"
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by remi View Post
    Hi John,

isn't it possible to create two different export modes:
    1. WYSIWYG (with the acquiescence of tons of <div> tags) and
    2. optimized mode (with flexible floated layouts)

Remi
    Hi....
    That depends on: What you are doing with a website.
    For example I personally often use blueprint.css for clear layouts. Means if there's a mode - like blueprint (attach the DIVs) to a grid in terms of width, not height.. this would be really wonderful.

Why WYSIWYG -OR- DATABASE Mode ;-)
    Wysiwyg is more presentation

Database Mode - getting all the stuff from background ...

I normally develop most prototypes with Xara ... but coding itself is a lot of handwork...

Placeholders for collapsable DIVs:
    Would be a great deal...
    for example - design wysiwyg site - text inserted from database, if too much text - grow div with a mouseclick ....
    could be a slick and shiny WYSIWYNG interface ;-)
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by bayoda View Post
    for example - design wysiwyg site - text inserted from database, if too much text - grow div with a mouseclick ....
    Or, perhaps, add a scroller to the text block? Would it be ok?
    John.
    IP

There are some sites that let you create a form and then import the code into Web Designer such as JotForm.

You can paste the script into the Website Properties > Placeholder > Replace with HTML Text text entry box.

However, as John has warned, you cannot have any layers on this page, so any navigation buttons have to be on the MouseOff layer.

I have tried this and it is a pretty decent solution. The forms are free or for $9.95 US a month you can have advanced features such as captcha, that text you have to enter before you can submit the form.
    IP

Hi bayoda,

I'm with you. I design all my projects with Xara Xtreme, but wouldn't use the absolute positioning HTML/CSS code of Xara's HTML export filter (and have discussed this fact here at TG almost too often). I code my (X)HTML/CSS websites just like you - by hand.

I don't use blueprint, but YAML in order to create flexible floated layouts (see also #1).

The reason for my question was, that I wonder why Xara don't try to develop an alternative export mode, in order to make their product more usable for someone like you and me.

Remi
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by remi View Post
    The reason for my question was, that I wonder why Xara don't try to develop an alternative export mode, in order to make their product more usable for someone like you and me.
    Let me assure you that this approach was considered as early as the first html export filter development for the XXP4. No doubt, we would like to add this possibility. Though, as you say, it would involve too much changes to the Xtreme for a short run. But we make our steps in that direction. As you'll see in WD (soft groups, repeating objects, smart footers). Still there's no concept of the dynamic flow, but it's now a bit easier to implement in future versions.
    John.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by w00dy View Post
    Regarding forms and interactivity, Coffeecup software produce a range of interactive modules for video, audio, etc and their Website Form Builder (http://www.coffeecup.com/form-builder/) is excellent, is highly configurable and will write to a text file as well as submit to multiple email addresses.
    Yes,
    you are right but what is if your client has a high security setting in his office - he is not able to see this form because it has flash-elements in it - if this is not so important than this tool is O.K. but if not he cannot see, and send anything to you...

Michael
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by visual-net View Post
    Yes,
    you are right but what is if your client has a high security setting in his office - he is not able to see this form because it has flash-elements in it - if this is not so important than this tool is O.K. but if not he cannot see, and send anything to you...Michael
    What kind of form editor would you like to see? Can you show the example of software that produces acceptable result?
    John.
    IP

Hi John,

nearly same as it is in NetObjects or other Web-editors, but it should be possible to choose the script by myself to add it into my site for instance i create my whole form like the attached one:

but to load my script for instance here as a php-script from this site, or any other free script that is aviable from the net:

http://aktuell.de.selfhtml.org/artikel/php/form-mail/

beginning with the <? and ending with ?>

Maybe for the average user it makes sense to implement such a script into the default settings of Xara Web Designer; but it should be as simple as the rest of the program is.

Michael
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	form.jpg 
Views:	503 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	56967  
    IP

I see. So this is a basic form editor with controls provided by html only. If I get you right, it shall not generate any JS, only single <form> element with necessary <input> elements within. Crrect?
    John.
    IP