Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Mini

Default Mini

After Sledger posted my very ancient plane animation which I needed to search through my old files to see if it was really me who created it (I couldn't find it by the way) I remember having problems getting the texture aligned in particular the tail fin.

In the process of searching I came across this animation that I can't remember posting probably due to the file size. I do recall some parts of the construction but can't be 100% sure it's all mine. If I'm claiming rights to someone else's work I apologise and will give due acknowledgement if I've got it wrong.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mini_ani.gif 
Views:	261 
Size:	258.8 KB 
ID:	55930  
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 01 February 2009 at 05:15 AM.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Mini

Looking forward to a 'mini' tutorial on that one Egg

Nice mini. Hey, I've just found a whole folder of these things!

Mike

The original thread that introduced that mini is here and was about seven years ago.

It was my first serious attempt to see what my then newly purchased Xara3D5 could do.

Mike

Ah the old grey matters failing!

I do recall some parts of the construction but can't be 100% sure it's all mine. If I'm claiming rights to someone else's work I apologise and will give due acknowledgement if I've got it wrong.
    Sorry for trying to claim your work Mike. As quoted above I wasn't sure after the passage of time whether it was my work or not. Seven years is a long time.

It's still an awsome animation though.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Absolutely no problem, Egg, I know how tricky memory can be. And you didn't really claim it, you made it quite clear that you weren't sure it was yours, and were fully open to correction.

I tried to do it gently and humorously (sp?) in my first post in the thread, then realised afterwards that it probably wouldn't make a lot of sense to anyone else, so posted the link to the original mini thread.

Cheers,
    Mike

Cheers Mike and thanks for the understanding. Often when the source file is posted and you pull it about so much to see how it's constructed you begin too easily to believe it's your work ! There were shapes I could recall and others that I didn't understand their construction. That's when the mind lays tricks.

Now if only I could find my skethes of the Sistine Chapel
    Egg