Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PDF/x anomalies

Default Re: PDF/x anomalies

It is the old Adobe zoom problem when I exported the drawing and viewed it in Acro I got the same bottom line shift as you got. When you zoom in on one of the rectangles the shift goes away. What I would suggest that you do, as there is no need to create a bitmap copy, is to go into the custom settings and choose either PDF/x-3 2002 or2003 as this handles transparencies much better. It also relates better to AI and Acro better maintaining groups, masks ect. Also have a read of the help files in this area it gives a much fuller explanation than I have done but basically it does what Steve did by rasterising the area in question but automatically and you can set the dpi to what you want. As you can see in the screen shots there is no real difference
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PDF_export_withzoom.png 
Views:	162 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	51338  
    Last edited by Albacore; 13 August 2008 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Didn't attach file
    Design is thinking made visual.

Thank you both so much. Question - when you say convert the whole group to a bitmap with True color+alpha, I think you mean export the group as a PNG then reimport, yes? I know about the "creat bimap copy" withing Xara, but that just makes a bitmap - no options for transparancy, etc.

Thanks, Scott

Actually, you can select the group, then click Arrange | Create Bitmap Copy. AFAIK, these bitmap copies are natively PNG. The dialog that comes up is essentially identical to the export dialog, so you can set the color depth and resolution for the copy. Then place the copy as needed.

I would put the bitmap copy on a separate layer once you have it, then hide the layer(s) containing the original elements. That way you always have them to go back to for further tweaking or future editing.

Quote Originally Posted by scottmcll View Post
    I know about the "creat bimap copy" withing Xara, but that just makes a bitmap - no options for transparancy, etc.
    A PNG is a Bitmap (gif, tiff, png, jpg & bmp are all raster type bitmaps)
    As amoore said, the dialogue for 'Create Bitmap Copy' is the same used for the export box and gives you the same options for dpi and transparency.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bitmapcopy.png 
Views:	120 
Size:	7.5 KB 
ID:	51359