Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Default Re: Show Us Your Xtreme 4 created Website!

Quote Originally Posted by smoke133 View Post
    How do you save the images as a .jpg? I've tried exporting the images to .jpg, but when I export the html, it saves all of the images still as .png's. Where do I change it to save as .jpg's?
    Take one image (does not matter which) name it JPEG (use create new name).

Then select all the other images you want as jpg and in the name gallery select the JPEG you just created and click apply. All your selected images should now be exported as jpgs.

Make sure you name your first image JPEG (not jpg)

Tom

I get this clicking

http://tutorials.totalpcss.com/index...eme4_RegHacks/

and

http://tutorials.totalpcss.com/

error message:
    Incorrect format for file ./languages/da.txt on line 7.
    Format is "variable name[tab]value"

Helle :-(

Not sure Helle..
    Autoindexer includes many language files, I checked the da.txt (Danish) on line 7 which shows:

continue Fortsæt

I just reset the tab delimeter and saved the file back to the server.
    Let me know?

Quote Originally Posted by camelot217 View Post
    Take one image (does not matter which) name it JPEG (use create new name).

Then select all the other images you want as jpg and in the name gallery select the JPEG you just created and click apply. All your selected images should now be exported as jpgs.

Make sure you name your first image JPEG (not jpg)

Tom
    I get it to save as .jpg, but it is not keeping the name that I give them. It just numbers them. (example: 1.jpg, 2.jpg and so on.)

The naming feature of Xtreme objects do not name the exported .jpg - only the object carries the name, not the actual file. The HTML export filter handles the sequential numerical naming of images on export..

Note: This also holds true for any imported images that you have already named. For example if you import holiday.jpg, Xtreme HTML filter will export it to it's own internal naming convention.
    John (Covoxer) may wish to explain why this is necessary.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 17 June 2008 at 10:00 PM.

So does that mean I have to manually add all of the alt text and change the file names myself?
    Last edited by smoke133; 18 June 2008 at 11:40 AM.

If you want alt text, then that can be added to the objects before export. As far as I know there are no editors that guess your alt text, so it's always "manually" added.

Why would you want to change the file names?
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    Why would you want to change the file names?
    From my observations, the search engines extract indexing info from filenames. Other than index.html, I always use meaningful names for filenames, even graphic files. Of course, if you are not interested in search engine indexing, for example, a personal or family website, then file naming does not matter.
    Tom aka Patent Guy (an engineer/patent attorney doing line drawings)
    www.KnoxPatents.com

Quote Originally Posted by PatentGuy View Post
    From my observations, the search engines extract indexing info from filenames. Other than index.html, I always use meaningful names for filenames, even graphic files. Of course, if you are not interested in search engine indexing, for example, a personal or family website, then file naming does not matter.
    Yeah, all the SEO experts advise the adoption of meaningful filenames.

With the old version of Dreamweaver that I've been using, if you change a filename Dreamweaver will change all instances of that name wherever it may appear in any of the HTML content throughout the site. But if that filename appears in any other code, client-side or server-side, you have to find it and make the changes manually.

I don't know about new versions of Dreamweaver, maybe they can make the required modifications regardless of where the filename is found.

This is one of the reasons I'm trying to find a reasonably priced editor that can import and properly display HTM files from XXP4. See this post: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=33483

I have created many websites with Xara. It is a wonderful program and i have only scratched the surface of it.
    This website was created with Xara 4.0, all was done with xara except for a few images and i use a flash program to achieve the sideshows. But 95% Xara!
    Christ Temple