Welcome HarrierMan,

Even NeilH (14 June) admits that Pro is only a few months old and owners might not want to upgrade so soon.
I think that is a very honest statement from Xara. It's stating that dependent on the owners use of the program they may decide to skip this upgrade if they think there's not enough in it for them.

Xara had fallen into a rut whereby there was no release between (If my memory serves me correctly) X1 and Xtreme for over 2 years. The user base was begining to despair of Xara's future.

To fund development, Xara needs revenue. Without the revenue Xtreme development will stutter and finaly stop.

For myself I always have XXPro and Flash open on my computer. XX is used daily, normally over several hours per day. Therefore I consider the upgrade (and ongoing development) very good value for money. Perhaps someone as an occasional user thinks differently, for completely valid reasons and chooses to skip an upgrade.

Flash has recently been upgraded from Flash 8 to Flash 9. Because the main upgrades are closer linking/working with other Adobe products and not a lot else I've decided to skip this Flash upgrade (a mere £163!) as I'm not a lover over overpriced Adobe products.

Now re Magix ..... Only be glad Adobe didn't buy out Xara!