Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default ImageReady...saved optimized as Jpeg?

Okay, i am a bit rusty in my web building skills. i am building a website(brother designed it) and he made the design maybe too detailed because when imageready defaults saves it as Gifs it looks like crap!! is there are way to go -save optimized as- html and images- and save the images as Jpegs????

thanks for any help!
    IP

Default Re: ImageReady...saved optimized as Jpeg?

your "problem" will be solved if you load the original image as a jpg instead of a gif .... i had a class where i accidentally loaded it as a jpg and it wouldn't let me save it as gif ... which was the requirement for the assignment.
    IP

Default Re: ImageReady...saved optimized as Jpeg?

Quote Originally Posted by MiChEaL.WaRdRiP View Post
    your "problem" will be solved if you load the original image as a jpg instead of a gif .... i had a class where i accidentally loaded it as a jpg and it wouldn't let me save it as gif ... which was the requirement for the assignment.
    Sorry, but that's actually not true, it's not important in which format the current image is. Whether you slice a GIF or JPEG image, it's always the optimize setting in the optimize palette that decides which kind of output you get.

In short: make sure all slices are selected and then select the JPEG format in the optimize palette and use the correct quality setting. Note that it's not always good to use JPEG for all slices. Depending on the image it can sometimes be useful to slice some parts as JPEG, some as GIF, that is if you really care about keeping the size of your pages small.
    IP