For what it's worth to anyone new here: I've installed and uninstalled and rebuilt machines and had multiple partitions running my applications and I've not had any issues with activations. I'm absolutely certain that I rebuild things more often than is common and I still have not had to ask for new activations from Xara.

I have submitted things to Xara before through the ticket system and gotten responses, so I don't suppose this would be any different with a simple email and explaination.

It's also worth mentioning that if you use Xara for production tasks that would be interrupted should it not be available, you need to factor that in with the need to rebuild (or whatever it is that would make a new activation a requirement, like I said, I've not had a problem yet, so I don't know how much you have to do to trigger use). Have Xara installed and functional on another machine while you rebuild the first or make sure that you don't have any work to do for a few days because it invariably takes longer to make stuff work than you expect. This will leave you plenty of window to do things carefully and right. And if you have another system that can do your daily's, all the better.

Sorry to see a long-time customer so put out by what is a pretty innocuous protection scheme. Sure, I'd prefer there were none at all, but I also like them to keep the prices low, which this supposedly helps to do.