Let's try this again. I write for a tech magazine and have received a number of complaints about the lack of tech support for Xara products.

I purchased the Xara Menu Maker 1.1, and like my readers, the Xara Menu Maker 1.1 Setup fails to load the software on my system. The OS is Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit.

Specifically, the message states, "Xara Menu Maker 1.1 is configuring your new software installation," but never progresses further. In response, I tried, unsuccessfully, to reach Xara tech support. No link on their website provides either a phone number or any way to reach tech support.

I attempted to "Submit a Ticket" on the Xara Support page, but the website requires you to "Login" first. I attempted to login using my login information and password, but the return message was, "Invalid User Name and Password."

As stated, I've received numerous complaints about Xara's support but seeing it firsthand was indeed very frustrating.

Since I was unsuccessful in reaching tech support, I thought I'd start a thread to see if anyone had any suggestions regarding how to reaching a live person about fixing this issue, or to see if anyone else was experiencing the same issues. I was hoping to get some feedback for the magazine's readers on this issue

Unfortunately, the response was obfuscation and censorship, instead of useful assistance (see below). I'd like to know if anyone else is experiencing the problems me and my readers have had reaching tech support, and perhaps more importantly, whether it's possible to reach anyone.

Hopefully, this new thread bypasses the moderator's liberal definition of "vitriolic" and me and my readers can get some useful assistance...on how to get assistance.

-----------------------------------------
Hi mysasaga,

Welcome to Talkgraphics forums.

Unfortunately your 'vitriolic' first post has been deleted.

TG cannot help with Xara Support problems, you must contact Xara directly.
But we may be able to help with issues regarding your software installation problems, but please act calmly.

For your information, we are not Xara staff or employed in any way by Xara.
Talkgraphics is a Xara Software users forum and run by moderators who are also user members.
Xara pay for the vBulletin software license and the server space for the users forum to discuss graphics related topics and share ideas.

I invite you to repost but this time clearly stating the problems you are having. This is the best way to get help because loosing your cool and venting on this forum will just get you banned.

Kind regards
Steve
=========
Forum Admin