Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Just a quick layer question....

ok now I'm getting ticked. I just bought XWD 2 weeks ago thinking That was the Website designer and not Xtreme 5 or Xtreme 5 pro.
    I am very new to Xara... they don't easily seem to bill the Xtreme stuff as a website designer but a Graphics designer. At least on the surface, it doesn't look like it would do website design until you dig deeper, but I didn't dig deeper because I was focused on getting a Website designer program.

So did I buy the wrong thing with XWD? should I have bought the Xtreme 5 or Xtreme 5 pro instead? If it does more website details and you have more control then XWD? then why have XWD at all and just stick with the one product that does the same and more... and bill it as not only a Graphic editor/designer but ALSO a website designer up front. It seems very confusing.
    And I am feeling slightly duped if I bought the less inferior product for website design. I just thought the other xara products were for graphic design work and did not have a focus on being able to create websites with them. And you say it is the same but more....

so am I now going to have to get Xtreme 5??? would the projects I made with XWD be able to open for editing in Xtreme 5?
    i feel stupid now.

Last edited by Eyescream; 09 June 2009 at 07:47 AM.