Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default light effects with brushes

I was playing around with the idea of using art brushes to create light effects and I thought it would make an interesting thread. I've come up with one that I quite like and thought I'd share but also I'd like to see what everyone else might come up with. So lets talk about using brushes to create light streaks, glows, flames what have you. Please feel free to post your brushes and include a brief description of how you created them so we can all learn from each other. Also please feel free to include the brush definition objects in your brush file.

Basically I started with a squashed ellipse with one end pulled out to form a bullet like shape and by cloning and feathering progressively lighter copies and making them smaller each time then clipping them together I added a blue glow and created a single strand brush. I then used this brush to draw a group strands of varying line widths, and used a clipview to clip them into an ellipse then removed the colour from the ellipse. The resulting clipped object was the brush definition object for the final brush.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lightstreakbrush.png 
Views:	393 
Size:	147.9 KB 
ID:	111392  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.