Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post

But have you also seen the templates, they look like they too were designed by 'non' designers. If as Rob says "The Hipster site was never a template in the first place, it was a demo site created by one of our developers", then who designs the templates? they are very dated to say the least and don't seem to follow any current (or indeed past) design conventions. And as Rob also says in the same sentence "to show off what Xara V11 can do" then surely they would want the templates to show off as well.
Hopping on this one, just did the upgrade expecting to at least have access to the "bait site" that got me interested in upgrading to WDP11 - but the 'new' templates included don't even come CLOSE to the quality of what is used to get you to buy/upgrade into the software.

In my opinion, regardless of what the developers expect creatively from the people who buy their program - not including Hipster can be seen as misleading to new users (and upgrading users!) of WD. If McDonalds used photos of full-lobster dishes and Angus steaks to get people into their restaurants, customers would be disappointed when they didn't see those options on the menu.

I know, I know - you can build the Hipster site yourself. I can also download Wordpress and build sites with that, but I don't want the hassle - that's what WDP is all about, less hassle! If your argument for not including Hipster is that 'it's so easy to do', and you're using it to get people to buy the program, then why not just include something that's close to the Hipster look and feel to help out people who bought the program because of that site?