Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Stray line appears when exporting as PDF or AI

Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    I suspect that the miter limit has been exceeded at .5 pts for something that small.
    Note that I have edited that shape so that it now has round joints and round caps. I'm not sure that any bevel/miter restriction would be the problem. You're right that reducing the line width to 0.25px does make the line go away ... but it doesn't give me the effect that I want. I added two control points precisely where the sandbar outline meets the island, then broke the shape at those points and discarded the small segment. With that line selected I did an Arrange > Convert Line to Shape. A stray, straight line runs down and to the left from one of former endpoints ... then Designer locks up.

At the far left of the island outline there is a pair of control points that are very close together. The stray line on the PDF export appears to shoot from one of these two points. I deleted one of them, then exported to PDF. It worked great this time! While I have no idea what the actual problem was, I now have something that works. Thanks for helping me come to a happy ending.

That's weird.
    If I redraw that tiny island, then I don't get that line.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

This can happen with a miter joint as Mike points out. And I have seen really weird things like this with text.

Thanks. =)