Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: What do you think about social network sites like Facebook?

Voters
186. This poll is closed
  • I love social networking sites. It’s a great way to keep in touch and a brilliant use of the web.

79 42.47%
  • Hate ‘em, hot air and self promotion. I know who my friends are, we actually talk to each other.

107 57.53%

Hybrid View

Default Re: What do you think about social network sites like Facebook?

As it is there are not enough hours in the day, email works fine for me.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

Info Re: What do you think about social network sites like Facebook?

I thought FB was safe & secure. I'm not so sure now. I've heard from knowledgeable sources that its security is quite vulnerable. Much personal information can be retrieved.
    I'd give my right hand to be ambidextrous!
    IP

Default Re: What do you think about social network sites like Facebook?

Only two choices ... love or hate?

How about a choice like, "I participate to stay casually in touch with family & friends"?

Through Facebook, I can keep in touch with folk that I wouldn't normally email nor phone. That would include a myriad of nieces & nephews, brothers/sisters in-law, former brothers/sisters in-law, previously solid friends from earlier ages in my life, etc.

Security is never an issue if you pay moderate attention to changes in privacy policy (and set/modify preferences accordingly) ... and never post anything that you don't want others to view (text & pictures).
    Last edited by cursor; 29 April 2010 at 09:23 PM.
    IP