Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Default Re: Xtreme is getting swamped by Web Designer again

You can exclude any explicit set of talkgraphics forums when searching for new entries by using the appropriate address in your browser's address field. For example,

_____http://www.talkgraphics.com/search.php?do=getnew&exclude=12,28,57,62

will return all new entries, except those that reside in the following forums:
    12 – 3D Graphics
    28 – Adobe Software > Adobe Photoshop
    57 – Talk Web > Web Designer / Xtreme
    62 – Xara Galleries > Xara Web Gallery
    You can maintain several favorite search strings in a Notepad (for example) document for quick reference.

Info Re: Xtreme is getting swamped by Web Designer again

Now that IS handy, Curtis. Thanks for the excellent tip.

UPDATE:
    Here's another search string tip for those who are interested:

http://www.talkgraphics.com/search.php?do=getdaily&exclude=12,28,57

I usually use the 'getdaily' one and have a shortcut on my Firefox toolbar that I just click on whenever needed. I just checked it out with the exclude code and it works as you advertised.
    Last edited by HayTay; 05 April 2010 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Added getdaily search string

Default Re: Xtreme is getting swamped by Web Designer again

Like Bob, I have been silently bitching since the new web designer was released. And like Bob, ever since joining the forum, I have always gone to the today's post, having it also bookmarked. However, I don't think I will exclude any forums because every once in a while, something catches my eye and I end up learning something new. May never use what I learned, but it hasn't killed me yet learning something new.

However, lately I am going down to the bottom of the page and selecting a particular formum to visit. But I guess without all the new post for web designer this would be getting to be a quiet place. Look at the ratio of the posts.

As for upgrading my version of web designer, I don't think so. After buying the first version they went and upgraded xtreame, so while I have to upgrade my existing html site, I am just going to use xteame and hope when they bring out the upgrade, they make the new version worthwhile to upgrade. Otherwise, I may just stick with what I have. Unlike a lot of people who are constantly complaining about the programs, comparing them with this and with that; personally I am very happy with what I have and have been for years. Otherwise, I would not have continued to support the company by buying upgrade after upgrade. And that all I have to say about that as Forest Gump would say............frank