Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Xtreme is getting swamped by Web Designer again

No doubt I shall be labelled a Luddite for this post, but it is only a conclusion that I have reached since the advent of Web Designer. If you look at the attached screengrab, you will notice that the majority of new posts between around 1000 hrs. and 1330 hrs. today have been Web Designer related, which is pretty much par for the course recently. Back in the days (BWD) (Before Web Designer) when Xtreme ruled the roost, in used to be a pleasure to visit TG, but now one has to manually filter out a large percentage of posts which are of no interest to me, which lessens my enjoyment somewhat.
    I know that some will say;
    “Ah, but the forum only reflects the popularity of Web Designer, or don’t worry, it will all calm down again after a few months when the expected release of Xtreme 6 steals back the limelight, or this just proves from a business point of view that Messrs. Xara are vindicated for running with Web Designer in the first place.” All of this is of course, undeniably true and who am I to voice an unpopular opinion anyway?
    Well, yes. But wouldn’t it be nice if there were an option to be able to deselect the Web Designer forum, or indeed any forum that people might have no interest in. I will probably be told that it is an unfeasible suggestion and impossible to implement or more bother than it is worth, but I just felt it was worth exploring in a calm fashion that wouldn’t ruffle any feathers. Please bear in mind that I'm being lighthearted about this, and not having a moan at TG.
    I would be interested to see your opinions and/or suggestions on the subject.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grab_13-30_hrs.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	71206  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.