Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tabbed thingys

Default tabbed thingys

Hi, has anyone got a template or tutorial regarding how to make an interactive tabbed info bar like those found on these sites

http://expressionengine.com/
    http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/f.../#feature-work

These are ones that don't refresh the page, its like done in layers?
    IP

Default Re: tabbed thingys

While not exactly like the scheme you're referencing, did you see the .web file that I referenced here (in direct response to your request)? Given available gaps in my schedule, I may play with the pop-up layers concept of tabs.

Good luck.
    IP

How did you get the curve on just a couple of sides of a rectangle cursor?
    IP

Thanks Cursor, I looked back in the previous posts and saw that. I don't quite understand it however (I only got this a week ago)...
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    How did you get the curve on just a couple of sides of a rectangle cursor?
    • Create a rectangle of desired tab-width, with rounded corners.
    • Create a rectangle of same width, with square corners.
    • With the square-cornered rectangle already on top, drag it over the round-cornered rectangle such that the top corners hit the magnetic tangent points of the round-cornered rectangle.
    • Lasso-select both rectangles.
    • Arrange > Combine Shapes > Add shapes (Ctrl+1)

If you'd like a tutorial-type illustration, I'd be happy to create one.
    IP

The sample that I created is a bit more complex than might be required. Given your examples, the active tab doesn't change on mouseover. I set up my example to mimic the same.

How would you label your tabs?

How would you label your submenu items?
    IP

If you'd like a tutorial-type illustration, I'd be happy to create one.
    I managed by putting a square rectangle over a curved one and subtracting the shape, but a tutorial would be great!

Here's my attempt (attatched) at the tabbed 'thing' on this site: http://expressionengine.com/. My version is very buggy, if anyone can make it better that would be great.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Thats great nicky, but I can't seem to get it to work in webdesigner. Still don't understand how layers work, which is really annoying.

Cursor, I want to have some of the services catergories for my business on the main tabs, and then a little bit about the service in the main window with links to the right pages. I hope this would make it easier for people to navigate the site like in the expression engine website.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by nickydude
    if anyone can make it better that would be great.
    I'll give it a shot, but my father is coming for a visit (starting tomorow, 84 years old) through the end of the week. You may not see anything from me until the weekend ... or perhaps Monday. But I will respond.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by stuart1980
    I want to have some of the services catergories for my business on the main tabs, and then a little bit about the service in the main window with links to the right pages. I hope this would make it easier for people to navigate the site like in the expression engine website.
    The more specific you can be, the more specific to your needs my offered demo will be. Sharpen that pencil!
    IP