Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 21 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Default Re: Show us your sites!

All charts, images and weather forecast text is pulled live from their respective sources. So it's always the latest available.

The crows came from the free online Animation Library.
    The stylized cyclone animation I created in WD as a .swf
    IP

I find your site visually very interesting, Steve. The many colors, the metal panels, the layered background, the subtle animations, the rain drops and the rust. All in balance and, at the same time, a bit off balance, keeping my eyes roving about. And with all the live feeds, I'd imagine quite useful for some of the locals.
    IP

Thanks
    IP

I figured it out. It's the layers. It throws me sometimes. That comes with experience. Since I am used to coding all this out through Dreamweaver if I must. WD will choose PNG if you don't choose jpg. To make it change you have to be on the right layer. I have one gif at the top that WD converted to a png.

Thanks for your input.
    IP

This site has a lot of information. The old site was a lot of words. I like the pop up bubbles to help get information to the community. I would like your opinions ELSI

I finally got the drop down menu to work like I wanted it to. I am adding some more pictures but I am having a problem with the popup for my facility. I cannot figure out why I can't get the picture layer to go dormant and come up only when mouseover for facility is engaged.

I will try to upload my wd file. Thanks in advance for you advice and input.

I have changed some things and you will see that in the file. My goal is to have just the one picture of my trucks on the page and the other pictures coming up only on mouseover. I want to declutter the site but give customers the ability to see the facility. I have a separte layer for the facility picture but it will not go away. All the rest are working fine.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dlynnhicks; 03 April 2009 at 02:05 PM. Reason: More explaination I hope
    Mrs. Debbie Hicks
    Ret AF, AD2H
    IP

Debbie,

In a quick glancew, I didn't see anything that was linked to the facility pop up layer. Apparently the only way to "mark" something as a pop layer is by having something link to it as such.

Did I just miss the link or did you maybe kill it in groupings/movings, etc?
    IP

Thumbs up Re: Show us your sites!

I may have taken it out. It's not on the live site. These are in the file attached. I tried everything.

I highlight the word Facility on the left, go to web properties, mouseover tab, and have it popup the facility layer. However that layer remains seen and I can't seem to get it to work like the other layers work. I think I know how to do the layers.

Can you have too many popups on a page? I thought it was because I named the little red buttons you see on the live site so I removed the names from all of them. I actually removed the red arrows in the redo as you can see in the file attached.

I decided to change a few things on the site later this morning and found these problems when testing in Web Designer.

On the good note I think I figured out place holders.
    Mrs. Debbie Hicks
    Ret AF, AD2H
    IP

Here are a couple observations from my perspective:
    • The Lions International logo (positioned by the graphic placeholder, with javascript) covers the Facility text, somehow. When the placeholder is deleted, the 'Facility' text properly displays.
    • The MouseOver assignment for the 'Facility' inline text still does not work, however. Note that the properly functioning 'Recycling' popup is done differently. There you actually have created a button (rounded rectangle with text ... grouped) with a popup stimulant properly assigned at 'Web Properties > Mouse-over > Show Popup Layer'. If you'll 1) delete the existing 'Facilities' inline text, 2) duplicate the 'Recycling' button (Ctrl+K), 3) move the clone to the desired location, then change the 'Web Properties > Mouse-over > Show Popup Layer', everything should work just fine.

You also might want to modify your 'Service Request Form' so that it can be seen entirely without the need to scroll. There's a lot of unnecessary white space there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	help-facility-link.jpg 
Views:	305 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	58693  
    IP

Oh thank you so much. You can't imagine how long I have been working on that. It would be cool if a program had an easy to understand forms builder in it. I will see what I can do on the form. It lacks some pertinent information that I need and it does need modifying. It just scares me to death. I need lots of coffee, ibprophen and quiet.

The clients that visit this site are over 60 for the most part. Hence the mouse over text. You have to lead them to the water. I probably have 5% of my customers that are under the age of 50. Makes me feel like a baby.

Send me a bill Thanks so much again!
    Last edited by dlynnhicks; 03 April 2009 at 07:26 PM. Reason: More Data
    Mrs. Debbie Hicks
    Ret AF, AD2H
    IP

Always glad to help, Debbie. I'm new at this too. Who isn't with this new Web Designer product? Drilling through other peoples' problems is instructional for me. I learn a number of new things every day!
    IP