Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Show us your sites!

Pixelart. Again, very nice StudioLXVI design.

However, there are a number of issues with your website that I'll mention.

First, the functional navigation is being constructed incorrectly.
    • An examination of your four main menu items, 1) Design Portfolio, 2) In The Studio, 3) Our Favorite People, and 4) Contact & Rate Info, shows that there is base text on the MouseOff layer that is stimulating MouseOver on mouse-over. AND, the companion text on the MouseOver layer is ALSO attempting to popup ... itself.
      By the way, you have a redundant set of red text (four items) on the MouseOver layer (one set directly overlaps the other).
    • Your numbered profile buttons have been constructed similarly, but uniquely wrong. Let me explain, using your button [1] as an example.
      • Your static/white group is on layer portpg1off, and on mouse-over, it calls MouseOver as a popup layer. It also sports a link to a web page called portpg1.
      • Your rollover/red group is on layer portpg1over, and does nothing on mouse-over.
      • Instead, a functional (and substantially simpler) solution would involve,
        • Place all of your static/white groups on the MouseOff layer. Assign a unique page-link (using the Link tab, at Web Properties) to each. On the Mouse-over tab, do NOT reference any popup layer.
        • Place all of your rollover/red groups on the MouseOver layer. No link assignment is needed.
        • Building your navigation after this fashion will eliminated most of your 43 layers. (And, it will function properly.)
    Second, unless you really want to, there is no reason (that I can see) why all of the elements common to all pages cannot be placed on the bottom/MouseOff layer (which, by the way, should be dragged to the bottom of your layers in the Layer Gallery ... as should the MouseOver layer). This would include all elements on the following layers:
    • content outlines
    • Copyright info
    • Header
    • bullet spacers
    It would simplify things a bit.

Similar layer grouping can be done with each set (per page) of the following layers:
    • portpg text
    • red bullets
    • website image
    • Design Port Pg text
    Just put them all on the same layer, perhaps called UniquePageContent, for example.
    IP

Default Re: Show us your sites!

Cursor, thank you, thank you, thank you!! I knew this seemed more involved than it should be, but didn't know what to do, as right out of the gate things started not working the way the tutorial said they should. And yes, the number of layers were driving me nuts, but thought that's the way it had to be.

I am printing out your instructions and will be spending whatever time it takes to get this and reconfiguring my web file. I sincerely appreciate the time you spent to figure this out for me. Thanks for the compliment on the site design. I'm a little left of center, and wanted to show you can have a little fun but still do good work. (I hope the good work is conveyed anyway.)

Again, thank you and will hopefully learn a lot more here in the next bit.

Pixelart
    IP