Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Default Re: Drop Down Menu's

Have you replaced your navbar tutorial with a shorter one on YouTube Xhris? Would there be any way you can upload the longer one as I'm trying to grasp the navbar and the 17 minute tutorial was excellent and more in depth for a novice like me.

Quote Originally Posted by nickydude View Post
    Have you replaced your navbar tutorial with a shorter one on YouTube Xhris? Would there be any way you can upload the longer one as I'm trying to grasp the navbar and the 17 minute tutorial was excellent and more in depth for a novice like me.
    I predicted this would be a request. So I kept the original long one (even though I don't like it) and made it private. I'll make it public now. What I don't like about it is that the way I recorded it exposes a temporary problem with WD which will become unrepresentative eventually, and it goes into the graphical stuff which was better in a new video. I may re-record (for the billionth time) a longer step-by-step version at the weekend. It's just a complete bitch getting YT to convert long videos to HD (have to record it, export as avi (because mp4 crashes vegas) from camtasia, then re-render as mp2 which will be about 2 gb, then upload overnight to YT...pain). And mp2's lose colour quality and have false frames in there that I can't seem to get rid of. Shorter videos just work (75% of time) as HD when uploaded as mp4.
    Last edited by Xhris; 12 March 2009 at 04:37 PM.

Have you tried converting it to Window Media (.wmv)? This is what I convert to before uploading YouTube vids, true they're no where near the size of yours but it might make a smaller size? Or couldn't you convert into a number of smaller vids? ("We'll go into more depth with that in the next video")
    Last edited by nickydude; 12 March 2009 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by nickydude View Post
    Have you tried converting it to Window Media (.wmv)? This is what I convert to before uploading YouTube vids, true they're no where near the size of yours but it might make a smaller size? Or couldn't you convert into a number of smaller vids? ("We'll go into more depth with that in the next video")
    I've tried everything (with the help of developers of the software I use), and I've found the optimum approach. The problem is YT really. Anyway, we're getting off topic.

In ALL honesty guys, don't you think you should add the incompatibility issues with the Chrome browser?

gramps curtis

Which issues are they ?

I've taken the simple bar menu apart and then made all the pieces, but I can't get the layers to work right...

please explain....

gramps

I got all the pieces of the simple bar menu created and on the 'right' layers, but I can't get them to work right
    I'll try to attach my example to this post.

sorry about my messup

gramps
    Attached Files Attached Files

Gramps,

You don't have anything telling the menu layer that it is to be treated as a popup layer.

Go to the button graphic or text on the mouse off layer, go to the web properties and the mouseover tab of that dialog. Select the option that says to show a popup layer and choose the menu layer.

Also, at least for clarity, I believe the mouseover layers are supposed to be right above the layer they are supposed to be over, so you may want to move the menu layer up to the top of the stack. In practice, it didn't matter to its function, but from an organizational perspective, it's easier to keep track of stuff like this and for the subsequent layers above, where they will have mouseover effects, the mouseover layer DOES need to be the layer right above.

Hope that helps.

Howdy Gramps.

1. Your Resoures button elements on the MouseOff layer needs to be grouped, and a Web Properties > Mouse-over (tab) > Show popup layer [ Popup ] action needs to be added.
    2. The transparent rectangles on your MouseOver layer will never work because there isn't a set of corresponding (overlapping) rectangles on the MouseOff layer.
    3. The Menu (popup) layer elements need to be defined in terms of single menu options (button shape & position, plus text, plus action)
    I've created a functioning menu for you. Note that there is a copy of the menu on the second page of the .web file. This will allow you to make whatever disections/changes you want to the one on the first page ... and if you mess it up, you'll still have a functional original.
    Attached Files Attached Files