The .swf file is embeded as a flas object on a web page. When I view the page from either of the development enviroments, it plays just fine. Both of these environments have the MS developer server running.

When I display the page via IIS, the .swf file does not play. Same page, just being launched differently. I have also double clicked on the .swf tile then told the system to use IE7 to view the file and it plays fine then also.

I have checked several things on IIS (made sure it was set to run both scripts and executables) and even went in and made sure that .swf was set up as a MIME type and still no luck. I have talked to others who said they had problems with Flash file and the uninstalling and then reinstalling the Flash Player solved their problem. I tried that as well. Still no luck. The darn files just will not play when I have them inside a web site and launch the web site as localhost using IIS.

I have given the same files to one of our developers and they have embeded them on a web page (using the same exact code I am using) and the page is on a hosted server that is also running IIS and the darn thing works there. I am sure I must have missed some kind of setting on IIS but I am stumped.

It should not have anything to do with the browser because I am using the same browser to look at the web page in all of these instances.