Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Bug/Problem With Transparency Gradients

It seems lots of speed improvements have been implemented in this release, which is a great thing, except when it interferes with your work. I noticed that if I have a circular gradient, for example, and I want to invert the direction of the gradient, i.e. make it transparent in the centre and opaque at the edges [which is the way I always want it], I now have to be very, very careful. Previously, I would have changed one end of the gradient from 0 to 100, or vice versa, then changed the other. In v4, if I try this the gradient reverts to flat as soon as the two ends of the gradient have the same value, so I have to move one slider to the middle, then move the other value from 100 to 0, then go back to the first value and finish moving it. It is incredibly annoying and is slowing my work down a lot. Even if I get used to it, it still requires a lot more steps to do something relatively simple.

Fixing this issue would be great but what would be even better is a button to reverse the gradient direction or to set a default gradient.

Default Re: Bug/Problem With Transparency Gradients

+1
    I agree )
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC

I would even go so far as to ask for a transparency invert button to reverse the direction of the transparency.
    This is a task that I seem to have to do often , so a simple invert button would be a real time saver!
    - Andrew

this is possibly linked with the issue of gradients and transparency node behaviour here
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=32140

agreed its very awkward
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Still works if you select the outside one first then use tab for the inner but as you say you have got to be really careful or it reverts back to flat. First time it happened I thought it was just me. Once set the transparency keeps its attributes even when you move it around a good deal. Also get sthe stray artifacts occasionally as well.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    First time it happened I thought it was just me.
    That SO matches my experience. It was a good while before I decided that something was broken here.

+100 from me for some quick way to reverse a transparency too.

Quote Originally Posted by BONES View Post
    .... but what would be even better is a button to reverse the gradient direction or to set a default gradient.
    I like that idea http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

Quote Originally Posted by AndFarr View Post
    I would even go so far as to ask for a transparency invert button to reverse the direction of the transparency.
    This is a task that I seem to have to do often , so a simple invert button would be a real time saver!
    I like that idea also..http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

Simple sensible enhancements go a heck lot further in streamlinging workflow than gimicks and bloat. Happily, Xara have remained gimick and bloat free to date
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 06 April 2008 at 09:09 AM.