Quote Originally Posted by remi View Post
Hi Neil,
But then I don't understand, what's the difference between 3.0 and 3.2 with this?
Remi
That text from the web site is a little confusing, so I'll get it changed.

In 2.0 or 3.0, start a new design, draw a rectangle and make it red by clicking on a palette color (one of the diamonds). You'll see a new 'named' color square appear on the color bar. That is not a very useful named color, because it's name is something like "RGB(100%,0,0)". As a result, load many old designs (into 2.0 or 3.0) and the color line is a mass of different named colors like these, and with names like "White 2" and "Black 3". Often somewhere amongst them are some useful named colors that the designer has explicitly given names to, like "Car color", or "Theme color 1". But finding them amongst the useless named colors is not always easy.

So now in 3.2 when you select a shape and click a palette color to change it's color, no named colors are implicitly created. So no new color blobs appear on the color line. But of course you can still create a named color for your "Car color" using the button provided in the color editor. And then that color does appear on the color line, because it's clearly an important named color.

The result is that designs created in 3.2 have on the color bar only named colors that were explicitly created by the designer. Plus of course whatever palette colors are turned on in the color gallery.

A related change in 3.2 to help with this problem in old designs, is the option to not save/load any unused named colors in the design (on by default - see View tab of options dialog).

And 3.2 also shows linked named colors with a smaller color square than the master named colors they are linked to. See web site description for more details on this.

All these changes are intended to result in a less cluttered, clearer color bar.

PDF - I'm pulling together a summary of the changes to PDF import/export made for 3.2. That will appear in the "New Pro PDF ..." thread.

Thanks

Neil