Quote Originally Posted by stlewis View Post
For those of us who use XPro some or all of the time professionally, the tweaks will save most of us at least an hour a month so that will pay. And for the others, either don't upgrade or regard it as a charitable donation which keeps Xara interested in upgrading our favourite software.
Really? Like what? I don't see anything but bloat in this upgrade, as an excuse to charge us for bug-fixes. If this is what Magix brings to the table, I'm not sure I want any. This is Xtremely disappointing to me.
Quote Originally Posted by NeilH View Post
- To ugrade or not to upgrade. As I mentioned in the announcement at the start of this thread, 3.2 is only a point upgrade for Pro users because 3.0 is only a few months old.
Since when does time determine version numbers? That is just absurd.
...new filters that have been developed such as XPS and SVG export.
I hope they work better than the existing filters. Last Friday I tried to export a simple graphic for a T-shirt - a rectangle, four words of text and a couple of registration marks - and I couldn't get it to work as a .cmx [32 bit] or .ai. Worse still, it somehow corrupted the file afterwards rendering it completely unopenable.
Quote Originally Posted by mongarem View Post
Now with the introduction of the german partner Magix, it suddenly all changes.
Yes, instead of getting bug-fix patches for free in a timely manner, we now have to put up with the bugs until a few useless things are thrown in to justify an upgrade charge. Very impressive.

I cannot overstate my disappointment at this turn of events. I was wondering why we hadn't had the usual patches since Pro was released, now I know. Is there a list of big-fixes somewhere so I can decide if enough useful work has been done to justify the upgrade price, which I think is what I originally paid for Xara 2.0? I certainly don't want to have to overwrite my current installation just to decide I won't be upgrading [for the first time in 9 years].