Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 56 of 78 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Default Re: Show us your sites!

Thank you John for your feedback, it is appreciated very much...
    RaZzLE
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by razzle0146 View Post
    So please take a look at the sites I have created and let me know what you think....

Hometown Racing Site
    Wow, you're pretty productive, keep it up! I'll be honest, though, and tell you that the Speedway site is not one of my favorites. Too many colors (especially the great variety in graduated colors) and too many busy graphics and different fonts. Perhaps the intended audience have a different viewing experience, but I find it all too distracting from the information you're trying to present.

The drop-down menu's visual and audio effects put a smile on my face. I'd suggest that for the Rules/Registration .PDFs you use iframes so that the menu stays visible/usable. Under the Event Schedule, the Past Events button doesn't work. The same counts for Past Race Results under Race Schedule and for all photo/video gallery options except the first. I suggest that you put the photo gallery thumbnails and controls on top because it seems they are easily overlooked.

Didn't you present this website before and reworked it? This one looks really good right now, my compliments! The buttons are smashing and even the logo (which isn't very pretty in itself) looks pretty good against the banner background). You might even consider adding some color to the site (just kidding !). I have one comment: when the viewer's browser is not full size, it may be that the listing's scroll bar is invisible.
    IP

Whats up TalkGraphics and friends.... Jst wanted to post a couple sites I have finished and see what everyone thinks... I have been using XWD for about 2 months now and I just want to say, I think it is a wonderful program and can create websites quickly... That is after you learn a little bit... So please take a look at the sites I have created and let me know what you think....

Hometown Racing Site
    and
    Hometown Real Estate Site

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thank you..
    The Real Estate Site looks good..

The Speedway site conveys the energy of the sport in abundance.
    My suggestions are

- black lettering on a light shade of blue ( or some lightercolor ) on it's background

- add a 5px left and right margin..

- expand the checkered flag banner at the top from edge to edge.

- it would also be so cool to have a page background image of an expanded bitmap of a racing cars' view speeding down the track or a close up of racetrack asphalt.
    IP

Thank you all very much for your feed back... You have given me some great ideas.. I do want to clear up a cpl things though. Some of the menus on the race site are not supposed to work yet, per the owner of the site. The colors were their idea. I jsut created the site from their views. Other than that, I will take into account your feedback and put into place...

Again. Thank you all..
    RaZzLE
    IP

I am new to Xara Web Designer, but found it delightfully easy to use - and I have absolutely no problems with being denied access to the code!

... here is what I have produced with my daughter www.freyalaughton.co.uk - still a lot to learn, but it took a fraction the time it would have taken in GoLive (in which I have a basic working knowledge).
    Last edited by cristofa; 29 May 2009 at 03:21 PM.
    IP

Beautiful looking site and content.
    My only quibble would be having to continuously use the scroll bars.
    True love is the ultimate truth
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by salaam View Post
    Beautiful looking site and content.
    My only quibble would be having to continuously use the scroll bars.
    ... thanks salaam - I find this a really tricky thing - the site is 1280x800 - I cannot find out what proportion of internet users are still on 1024x768 monitors. A lot of the new monitors/laptop screens are 1600, or even 1900 wide - given that Web Designer doesn't stretch, 1024 would look really small.

What are other people doing about this?
    IP

I would appreciate your comments on this first try using XWD that I quickly revamped today. www.oasiswell.com thank you. I would really like to know if I am on the right track.
    IP

Nice site cristofa.

I'm supposing that you've intentionally shifted the parent menu item for the flyouts to the left (leaving the flyout unaligned). Might you consider something like this instead?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_temp1.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	8.3 KB 
ID:	61591  
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by cursor View Post
    Nice site cristofa.

I'm supposing that you've intentionally shifted the parent menu item for the flyouts to the left (leaving the flyout unaligned). Might you consider something like this instead?
    ... thanks, and yes, twas indeed intentional. Partly for the looks - I like the way the main topics go out to meet the subs; and partly in order to give a cleaner access to the subs. But, having got the site up and running, I will return to the navigation for another look.

Also, I need to pay more attention to optimizing the whole thing - it's too slow to load, and way too slow to upload - 10-30mins.
    IP