Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ... 276775767778 LastLast

Default Re: Show us your sites!

This is the first time I've used this software, and I have to say I'm really impressed. I had zero problems after going live in any browsers.

www.RayTruantLab.ca

Very easy to maintain the site.

One small issue: the site the 760X700, and it appears centred side to side, but not top to bottom.

Anyone know a way to get the page to appear in the centre of a browser window both vertically and horizontally?
    IP

I don't know an easy way (though I'm sure there is one) to do that, but you can build in a little margin at the top of the design of the page. Since your pages seem to all be the same length it would be a little easier on your site, but you would need to stretch the bottom end of the page down (or set it by number on the page tab of the options dialog) and then move everything (on all layers) down the appropriate amount.

If you want to put something in the header area of the exported html, you can create a small graphic, go to the "names" icon and give it a name of <head>, then go to the web properties for that object and add whatever code you want. Since this can be used to put in some of your own CSS for styling or calls to certain javascript things or whatever, I'm sure you could force there to be some space at the top - maybe by puting in a top-margin on the body. Haven't tried it and I'm walking out the door...let us know if that helps.
    IP

Privatepratz,
    I got this warning just now when trying to access your site:

http://www.michiganimaging.com/media/capture026.jpg
    IP

Rtruant,
    Centering vertically is also dependent on the monitor resolution. Lower resolution means bigger images and fills up more of the screen.
    Another suggestion, I would make the titles of the links clickable, not just the little triangles. Just my opinion...
    IP

Some visitors may use standard monitors and others may use widescreen monitors.

A standard monitor may have 1024x768, 1280x1024, 800x600, or the older 640x480; or some higher resolutions.

A widescreen monitor can have 1280x768, 1440x900, or higher resolutions.

A standard 1280x1024 and a widescreen 1280x768 could have the same centering left to right; however, top to bottom would not work for one or the other.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by jimhanus View Post
    Privatepratz,
    I got this warning just now when trying to access your site:

http://www.michiganimaging.com/media/capture026.jpg
    I got that too
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by jimhanus View Post
    Rtruant,
    Centering vertically is also dependent on the monitor resolution. Lower resolution means bigger images and fills up more of the screen.
    Another suggestion, I would make the titles of the links clickable, not just the little triangles. Just my opinion...
    Can't be done. When text is rotated 45 degrees, the area of the link button is the whole square area under the rotated text, buttons then overlap. The triangles were the only real solution.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Some visitors may use standard monitors and others may use widescreen monitors.

A standard monitor may have 1024x768, 1280x1024, 800x600, or the older 640x480; or some higher resolutions.

A widescreen monitor can have 1280x768, 1440x900, or higher resolutions.

A standard 1280x1024 and a widescreen 1280x768 could have the same centering left to right; however, top to bottom would not work for one or the other.
    This really doesn't make sense. The browser places the site in the centre of the open window, regardless of how large the window is re-sized to. This is because the placement is dynamic based on the window width which is constanty recalculated. There must be a way through HTML to dynamically place the site in the centre dynamically regardless of window height. I've seen this done without margins. I'll have to peek into the HTML page code.

UPDATE: this can be done through CSS code, see this discussion.
    Last edited by Rtruant; 15 July 2009 at 03:51 PM.
    IP

Hello again. Just wanted to give an update, after previous discussions I did quite a bit of research on how to amp up the SEO, and how having the portfolio section of the site be layer popups instead of separate pages would impact SEO.

Having layer popups and not having separate html pages was not the way to go for best SEO results. Also, I then started coming across info on "footer sitemaps" and the good impact it can have on SEO. So, if you look at my site now, you will see a "footer sitemap" on each and every page. In between paid work, decided to go the extra mile and do this, but with a little bit extra, with each footer sitemap having it's own image. Doing a season theme, so about mid-Sept. will change out all the images.

I don't know if I mentioned before, but I use an SEO tool called Web CEO, and it is incredible! Keywords, competitor rankings...you name it. You can download a free version that is very robust. I used Web CEO to do my search engine submissions yesterday and already today they are picking up not only my main page, but the portfolio pages also. I really think the footer sitemap is helping.

The new and improved (I think) site is: www.studiolxvi.com

Thanks again Cursor, this all came from you challenging me to think about things more!

Pixelart
    IP

Great looking site, with a very nicely implemented footer-sitemap!
    Thanks for the reference to Web CEO. I'll definitely take a look.
    IP