Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Xara online designer, omg

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Ernie / Dutchim - We're NOT dropping or stopping the development / improvement of Designer Pro. This is an ongoing activity and the developers do go through the dear Xara forums and look at the suggestions posted there. I don't want to sound like a tape recorder stuck on repeat but I don't have any control as to where the development time is spent. Rather, my task to to get feedback / suggestions on the Online Designer and suggest to the developers and management what we can do to improve / change / introduce and otherwise help users to do what they want to do. If you don't want an Online Designer then that's fine and noted! I can go back to management and say X number of users on TalkGraphics don't want the Online Designer, but fact is there's no chance that they are suddenly going to drop the project either. So rather this is to find out what users want: actually you know what it would be nice to have this or that, or what would make my life a heck of a lot easier is this. And one of my jobs is to really push to find that out and pester everyone until it happens

Angelize - interestingly we've had someone else who's requested some e-book related features, including importing and exporting such formats so I believe it is being looked into with the developers I've found that vector tools is a hard subject to have with a lot of other users, it feels like they don't know what they are missing until you show them an example and suddenly that's a must have! But if for example vector tools or even 3D graphics is in high demand it will get looked into

Squeaky - Thanks for your feedback! Currently the majority of existing users do use the Online Designer to edit their websites and the collaboration abilities have been handy and certainly it's an ongoing process to improve that as well The Online Designer currently uses the same import / export filters as the desktop version so although it's online, it shouldn't limit us in the ability to produce high quality print work. CMYK colour calibration is something that is highly requested within the desktop version and I admit is somewhat annoying at times so we in support still push for that to be properly implemented as well The export values of CMYK that you enter within the Desktop version should be exact on export however (unless your working in RGB and on export converting to CMYK in which results may vary - again an area needing improvement).

Thanks
    Rob
    OK Rob.... because of your interaction with this forum and your helpful, informative interaction, you've given me a bit of a boost in confidence and motivation for the future of my Xara!
    So, I'm gonna bite again with the upgrade tonight... (because of you!... not their marketing...) and hope that I/we see some significant additions (per user requests) to the desktop version.
    And, I also want to throw some $upport Xara's way... it's only right... works two ways, right?

Thanks
    Cliff
    Last edited by cmpan1; 21 October 2017 at 01:16 PM. Reason: typo
    http://pianomagicnewsletter.com/ (never done - never time for me)
    IP