Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Link text on popup layer

Quote Originally Posted by sorengen View Post
    Here is a sample file. The link 'About' when rolled over opens a menu popup layer. The first word in the list 'Welcome' is linked to the Welcome page, yet it does not allow me to click it to go to that page. I feel I must be missing something very simple. SMH

menu text link not working.xar
    1. On each of your submenus you have grouped a text area (where you have links) with the button and surrounding rectangle. This will not work - group the button and the rectangle ONLY and leave the text area as is (example XAR attached).

2. Avoid overlapping groups - your first two submenus overlapped (you can make all the layers visible to check they do not). Otherwise the MouseOver animation only works on the button area that is not bound by the overlapping group.

And when I rollover the word "Welcome" in the drop down menu, shouldn't it be turning the set mouseover color?
    It does now when you have a link, but you need to ensure you have a contrasting MouseOver colour in the Web Properties dialogue box.

I have put additional notes in the XAR doc - most relate to consolidating layers on to the MouseOff layer where appropriate and not having layers below the MouseOff layer. I would set the Scale-to-fit-Width maximum around 1280, not 2400 (tested on a 4K screen).

Hopefully this gets you restarted.

Gary
    Attached Files Attached Files