Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: OH NOOOOOO!

Hybrid View

Default Re: OH NOOOOOO!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark321
    ... well over $1000...
    just one program [TB Harmony Premium 15] I have costs this all by itself, but at least it's a perpetual licence; all things are relative, but when I see moans about how much Adobe charge for subs, I think good job they don't need Maya which is currently 204 GBP a month....

but more to the point maybe, re imaging, it enables you to restore all your stuff in one go

and if you have a cloning option then you can restore onto a new computer - but will need to sort out licences once that is done of course [ and some drivers too more than likely, although win 10 is quite good at doing a lot of that for you]

I stared doing it back in the days of win XP when I had to seriously hack the OS to get it to do what I needed and it would regularly fall over every couple of months... Win 10 is a whole load better in that respect too....

Default Re: OH NOOOOOO!

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    just one program [TB Harmony Premium 15] I have costs this all by itself, but at least it's a perpetual licence; all things are relative, but when I see moans about how much Adobe charge for subs, I think good job they don't need Maya which is currently 204 GBP a month....

but more to the point maybe, re imaging, it enables you to restore all your stuff in one go

and if you have a cloning option then you can restore onto a new computer - but will need to sort out licences once that is done of course [ and some drivers too more than likely, although win 10 is quite good at doing a lot of that for you]

I stared doing it back in the days of win XP when I had to seriously hack the OS to get it to do what I needed and it would regularly fall over every couple of months... Win 10 is a whole load better in that respect too....
    handrawn, if you can hack a computer, you are awesome! I know precious little about computers, just how to use them for photo editing and graphic design. I still know pretty much nothing about how to design a website, yet. I'm working on that. It's a work in progress, steep learning curve for me. Of course, I did think that of Ai but I jumped in head first and now I can fly with the best of them. (Yay! for me)