I have a new convention site about ready to go online this weekend. After getting the main pages all setup and ready to go, went to activate the variants. I figured I might have to adjust the layout of the content on each variant (bummer). But I am finding that it seems the main thing the 'variant' option does is copy over the content, I will me manually redesigning EACH sub-page. I thought some of the format would adapt and could be constant on the variants.

As example, there is a banner box on the top. I have to adjust the width to match the variant (and it does not seem to 'click to margin' I have to manually get it close). One I get the banner box in place, when I go to resize the Title Heading line, it changes the font size on all variants, not just the small/phone variant.

Ok so I have to stop sharing that text on Variants. But wait, that now means I have to manually adjust the heading text on all site pages. I thought once I adjust it on the one small/phone variant, it would at least update to all headings on phone variants?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NNGC-Variant 1a.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	118639

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NNGC-Variant 1b.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	118640

I have about 20 main pages today, with two variants will be 60. That means have to manually adjust content 40 times manually ?

Am I missing something or is this really the way it works ?

Frolin