Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    On Lake Couchiching near Orillia, Ontario

Default Can't publish to Xara hosting

Using Web Designer Premium 12.4.1.47518 DL x64 Nov 17 2016

I get an error message when I try to publish a new web to the Xara server: "Unable to find the filter to import that file with." (sic)

The program crashed after I tried this a few times, so I started it up again. I haven't rebooted the computer, which I should have done before starting this note. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Windjamer; 20 January 2017 at 07:30 PM. Reason: sp

Default Re: Can't publish to Xara hosting

Quote Originally Posted by Windjamer View Post
    Using Web Designer Premium 12.4.1.47518 DL x64 Nov 17 2016
    I get an error message when I try to publish a new web to the Xara server: "Unable to find the filter to import that file with." (sic)
    The program crashed after I tried this a few times, so I started it up again. I haven't rebooted the computer, which I should have done before starting this note. Thoughts?
    Sorry to hear of your problem. Have you successfully published a site before (you mentioned "new")?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Sorry to hear of your problem. Have you successfully published a site before (you mentioned "new")?

Acorn
    Yes, I have published several and gone to my Xara webspace account two weeks ago to make space for the last web I published.

I have now rebooted the computer, but no change.

A month ago I removed a computer from the list at my Xara account, so I could install the program on my laptop to use while on holiday. I'm now using my main desktop again. Don't know if these items are related.

There is a problem with xara.hosting causing problems with Malwarebytes. Magix which is responsible for xara.hosting is probably making changes to the site which would explain your problems publishing.

Does that explain the error message? "Unable to find the filter to import that file with."

If so, I guess the filter is server-based.

I have had Malwarebytes blocking the Xara hosting site today. I tried to set up an exception in MWB but it said that the URL format was not recognised. I had to exit MWB so that I could upload; it then uploaded with no issues.

Hi Windjammer, are you running as administrator? If you've reinstalled you may have fogotten to do this.

More HERE
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I explained this in your other thread. Something on the servers or setup on xara.hosting is causing Malwarebytes to block any site with that domain. So Magix have taken the entire domain offline while they sort out what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I explained this in your other thread. Something on the servers or setup on xara.hosting is causing Malwarebytes to block any site with that domain. So Magix have taken the entire domain offline while they sort out what is going on.
    First thread from me on this topic, Gary. I did ask in #5 if that explained the odd message I received.

Thanks for your continuing help.

Something else is going on here. I put the new web on a thumb drive and using my laptop successfully published to both the Magix site and my own server space.

My desktop, where I cannot publish, is running Windows 8.1, while the laptop is running W. 10. Both are up-to-date with Xara: 12.4.1.47518 DL x64 Nov 17 2016.

The version on my desktop does not display the gallery widget correctly, showing the instruction page where the thumbnails should appear, not will it preview (or publish). Perhaps a reinstall is in order?

I have changed nothing since I returned from vacation, but of course security software is fooling with the system constantly.