Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Needed or otherwise..

Ok, Im new ,but coming from he Serif betrayal ..Yet they did have a few good things. How do we install third party widgets. Then again , There is no audio widget or Video widget that we could insert for or to make a "gallery" for . This was available in the older versions .Plus more to the point .Seirf has them .Why cant you just make a multimedia gallery widget that just can use all including gif animation and webm, besides the rest of the vid formats .Who cares about flash.i don't want flash stages a( flash player) wrapping around a jquery, javascript, java php, or html5 vid player kinda redundant ehh. Much less the like wise forms where are they. This will include sliders also. The Image gallerias cant add on them easily. If add 10 . the I go to another explorer window . I cant add even one after that in first edit mode . Then no comment can be added.Plus the directions are vague,and when dropping the picture on the first picture it doesn't all the replace it .You have to replace it individually . Really, you ask it to replace the pictures individually ,and they doubles over and over copies the same pictures several times on all the base pictures.Plus the base pictures stay there., and the web page doesn't save even when you save all .You have to save the page individually. Why am i asking here.i called. I ask for a in the response comment form- 3 times at least.. No response vial trial ,and upon buying .Thinking that would make a difference. I even called. So Please, admins respond I am across the pond. So i don't relish a call again or even filling out a form..

Default Re: Needed or otherwise..

Welcome to TalkGraphics

There is a lot to answer here and frankly I am mentally overloaded.

Can you break this down into a few key questions and we will try to answer.

I will say that every program has its pluses and minuses and also each program has a logic and a rhythm so give it some time and try to learn the way Designer works. I think once you get into the rhythm things may begin to make more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by amigatheone View Post
    Ok, Im new ,but coming from he Serif betrayal ..Yet they did have a few good things. How do we install third party widgets. Then again , There is no audio widget or Video widget that we could insert for or to make a "gallery" for . This was available in the older versions .Plus more to the point .Seirf has them .Why cant you just make a multimedia gallery widget that just can use all including gif animation and webm, besides the rest of the vid formats .Who cares about flash.i don't want flash stages a( flash player) wrapping around a jquery, javascript, java php, or html5 vid player kinda redundant ehh. Much less the like wise forms where are they. This will include sliders also. The Image gallerias cant add on them easily. If add 10 . the I go to another explorer window . I cant add even one after that in first edit mode . Then no comment can be added.Plus the directions are vague,and when dropping the picture on the first picture it doesn't all the replace it .You have to replace it individually . Really, you ask it to replace the pictures individually ,and they doubles over and over copies the same pictures several times on all the base pictures.Plus the base pictures stay there., and the web page doesn't save even when you save all .You have to save the page individually. Why am i asking here.i called. I ask for a in the response comment form- 3 times at least.. No response vial trial ,and upon buying .Thinking that would make a difference. I even called. So Please, admins respond I am across the pond. So i don't relish a call again or even filling out a form..
    Truly, this is a stream of consciousness.

Can you please separate all your questions, as opposed to your opinion on why Serif did what it did into separate paragraphs?

Capitals, spelling and punctuation in the right place will greatly assist you in getting a response. Otherwise TGers will answer what they think you are asking; never a good position.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

They are all key questions.. in the old days all u have to do is separate them, and then answer them individually . You know, Like email ,and like you do for others. This isn't English Class . So you if you dont realize by know that the serif thing was a short lead,(English Transition Term), and Accorn it was one half a sentence that was it. Yes, every program does ,but to fail to answer my Questions when it was in short simple Questions via forms, and now emails ..on at least 3 occasions. This was really rude to say the least. This is why all of mine have come out here in hopes of an answer, or attempting to answer some so just take them line by line ,and answer them thats all I ask. I'm an IT guy .I have answered them before line by line ,via ? by?. I can do it ,and have done just that so can't you?. This is after all ur software or you have used it a lot . I haven't. Which is obvious, but i do and have seen what previous versions could do, and what this version doesn't have now. Then the same videos are up there of the previous versions videos .This is very misleading,and very wrong. Summary--hopefully my Questions will be answered ..take ur time thats fine. Have both of you help each other out or 3 or more. The point is the answers will come out hopefully.
    Thanks

This isn't English Class . So you if you dont realize by know...
    (Good thing too.)

OK Cheap shot. But none of us work for Xara. Acorn and myself are volunteers. We do this to help others, such as yourself. When people are nice and sincere we go out of our way to be helpful.

Why cant you just make a multimedia gallery widget that just can use all including gif animation and webm, besides the rest of the vid formats
    OK this is a feature request not really a question. That said, you can add widgets from third party sources using what Xara calls "placeholders." Placeholders are any object, usually a rectangle that you use to add code or script to the HEAD and BODY areas of the HTML page. When you preview or publish your site the script, code, etc. in the placeholder gets inserted into the HTML.

Then no comment can be added.
    Not clear, do you mean in real time like a Blog? If yes, then no, there is no way to do this. If you mean a comment form, then yes, you can use any included comment/form widgets or embed code from other form building apps.

Plus the directions are vague,and when dropping the picture on the first picture it doesn't all the replace it
    I drag and drop photos from either the desktop or from Windows Explorer onto photos. You cannot drag a photo that is in Designer and drop it to replace an existing photo. However, any photo you import into Designer also resided in the Bitmap Gallery and from here you can drag/drop and replace an existing photo.

I hoped I addressed your questions.

actually no , well some ..and in terms of answering when you do jump around to lets say this then no comments can be added,,,, do this " ....... cant even add one after that ..." then I will know where you are talking about ..again it was a conclusion about not being able to add comments to pictures much less videos or anything else. oh yeah, the know/now comment was a double meaning %^) . You missed the point on the use of the picture to make gallery, and via picture replacement entirely.
    Well, Nice try thanks anyhow .Ill have to call in .On the main Line. It is a good program Still dont see how to install widgets that already made. I do see both of you do a good job helping people. No cop out .No retreat... Nothing harsh taken or given. Seems to get my answers in full,and to get the program to do /updated hopefully. I will have to call.

Hi amigatheone and welcome to talkgraphics. What I believe Gary & Acorn are suggesting is that instead of 'machine gunning' many questions at the same time you restrict your posts to one question at a time.

It is far easier for members to answer questions in this way and far easier for members to follow individual question threads than multi question threads
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by amigatheone View Post
    They are all key questions.. in the old days all u have to do is separate them, and then answer them individually . You know, Like email ,and like you do for others. This isn't English Class . So you if you dont realize by know that the serif thing was a short lead,(English Transition Term), and Accorn it was one half a sentence that was it. Yes, every program does ,but to fail to answer my Questions when it was in short simple Questions via forms, and now emails ..on at least 3 occasions. This was really rude to say the least. This is why all of mine have come out here in hopes of an answer, or attempting to answer some so just take them line by line ,and answer them thats all I ask. I'm an IT guy .I have answered them before line by line ,via ? by?. I can do it ,and have done just that so can't you?. This is after all ur software or you have used it a lot . I haven't. Which is obvious, but i do and have seen what previous versions could do, and what this version doesn't have now. Then the same videos are up there of the previous versions videos .This is very misleading,and very wrong. Summary--hopefully my Questions will be answered ..take ur time thats fine. Have both of you help each other out or 3 or more. The point is the answers will come out hopefully.
    Thanks
    Hi amigatheone and welcome to TalkGraphics (I think!),

We all welcome questions and try to provide answers; this is what community forums are all about. I ask you to rephrase your posts because I am in agreement with some of the posts here that it's hard to address your questions when they are mashed together like texting or Twitter.

Please dial it back on the tone of your defensiveness, as well, for the sake of civility on this forum. You are much more likely to be received in the tone you set.

Sincerely,

Barbara B.,
    Administrator
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com